• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

is Recovery_ramdisk.img same as Ramdisk.img?

Search This thread

zocex

Jul 9, 2014
is Recovery_ramdisk same as Ramdisk?
i am trying to install magisk. i want to patch the ramdisk so i can flash my phone s i can get root. my bootloader is unlocked already.

i used huawei extractor to take out partions from the firmware for my mopile, but i only found either recovery_ramdisk or erecovery_ramdisk. i didnt find ramdisk or boot in the update.app file.
here is a screen shot

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
I am not really sure but you may need to split it into boot image and recovery image and use the boot image to use magisk. Try 7zip(google that)and try if there is luck.
by the way you are using huawei?have you unlocked bootloader(that is a hard job)?

zocex

Jul 9, 2014
I am not really sure but you may need to split it into boot image and recovery image and use the boot image to use magisk. Try 7zip(google that)and try if there is luck.
by the way you are using huawei?have you unlocked bootloader(that is a hard job)?
yea i unlocked it. i paid 15 bucks to some dude on the internet. from misnistiry of solution or something. it was so complicated. i mean the way he was able to unlock it.

zocex

Jul 9, 2014
what do you need root for then? If you only wants to debloat then install a new os or disable the bloat, if you wanna install custom os then you can do without root
Sadly not helping
Anyway for whatever reason read this
Didnt work. Thnks for trying though.