• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question is redmi k40 and poco f3 the same device? same custom recovery and custom rom?

Search This thread

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
hello!
Identical phone.
POCO F3 is just a rebrand of the Redmi k40 made for the global market outside of china (mi 11x is the rebrand made for the indian market).
The MIUI changes, precisely because they are marketed in different countries.
From what I have read it is possible to install Chinese stock roms on global phones (only with unlocked bootloader and being careful of the anti roolback) but not the other way around.
For castom roms there should be no compatibility problems, as for recovery. However in the thread of each castom rom it says in which phone it is possible to install it.

arcaddiction

Jun 25, 2012
Hyderabad
hello!
Identical phone.
POCO F3 is just a rebrand of the Redmi k40 made for the global market outside of china (mi 11x is the rebrand made for the indian market).
The MIUI changes, precisely because they are marketed in different countries.
From what I have read it is possible to install Chinese stock roms on global phones (only with unlocked bootloader and being careful of the anti roolback) but not the other way around.
For castom roms there should be no compatibility problems, as for recovery. However in the thread of each castom rom it says in which phone it is possible to install it.

I have a mi 11x with unlocked bootloader and poco f3 global installed. Any way I can lock the bootloader with poco f3 global official rom? Couldn't find a confirmed answer.

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
I have a mi 11x with unlocked bootloader and poco f3 global installed. Any way I can lock the bootloader with poco f3 global official rom? Couldn't find a confirmed answer.
You can lock the bootloader only with the rom of the region the phone was born with. If when you bought it there was the stock india and you flashed the stock global, blocking the bootloader goes into brick. The bootloader can only be locked with the original firmware. make sure, when you block, that there is the original rom on the phone, if not, it goes into brick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can lock the bootloader only with the rom of the region the phone was born with. If when you bought it there was the stock india and you flashed the stock global, blocking the bootloader goes into brick. The bootloader can only be locked with the original firmware. make sure, when you block, that there is the original rom on the phone, if not, it goes into brick
    Yes they are the same. Only difference is the MIUI that's bundled with it. All custom ROMs on this forum support K40 and Poco F3.