Question is redmi k40 and poco f3 the same device? same custom recovery and custom rom?

Search This thread

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
hello!
Identical phone.
POCO F3 is just a rebrand of the Redmi k40 made for the global market outside of china (mi 11x is the rebrand made for the indian market).
The MIUI changes, precisely because they are marketed in different countries.
From what I have read it is possible to install Chinese stock roms on global phones (only with unlocked bootloader and being careful of the anti roolback) but not the other way around.
For castom roms there should be no compatibility problems, as for recovery. However in the thread of each castom rom it says in which phone it is possible to install it.

arcaddiction

Jun 25, 2012
Hyderabad
hello!
Identical phone.
POCO F3 is just a rebrand of the Redmi k40 made for the global market outside of china (mi 11x is the rebrand made for the indian market).
From what I have read it is possible to install Chinese stock roms on global phones (only with unlocked bootloader and being careful of the anti roolback) but not the other way around.
For castom roms there should be no compatibility problems, as for recovery. However in the thread of each castom rom it says in which phone it is possible to install it.

I have a mi 11x with unlocked bootloader and poco f3 global installed. Any way I can lock the bootloader with poco f3 global official rom? Couldn't find a confirmed answer.

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
I have a mi 11x with unlocked bootloader and poco f3 global installed. Any way I can lock the bootloader with poco f3 global official rom? Couldn't find a confirmed answer.
You can lock the bootloader only with the rom of the region the phone was born with. If when you bought it there was the stock india and you flashed the stock global, blocking the bootloader goes into brick. The bootloader can only be locked with the original firmware. make sure, when you block, that there is the original rom on the phone, if not, it goes into brick

mucha.k1994

Dec 29, 2016
You can lock the bootloader only with the rom of the region the phone was born with. If when you bought it there was the stock india and you flashed the stock global, blocking the bootloader goes into brick. The bootloader can only be locked with the original firmware. make sure, when you block, that there is the original rom on the phone, if not, it goes into brick
It's quite interesting because with my old Mi9 I can swap regions even with locked BL but trick was with MI ASSISTANS or something like this (XiaoMiTool V2 software).

Is it possible with F3 as well? If not - why? Some kind of info inside one of the partition? Or because A/B system?

Reactions: RollDload

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
It's quite interesting because with my old Mi9 I can swap regions even with locked BL but trick was with MI ASSISTANS or something like this (XiaoMiTool V2 software).

Is it possible with F3 as well? If not - why? Some kind of info inside one of the partition? Or because A/B system?
Personally i haven't tried that software to change region with locked bootloader, i can't tell you if it works or not.
However, I do not recommend carrying out any modding operation with a locked bootloader, it is very risky, and if there are problems it is very difficult to restore it.
Since unlocking the bootloader does not invalidate the warranty and is accepted by xiaomi, it is the best solution to carry out modding operations with the least possible risk of brick.

Reactions: mucha.k1994

leoliang

Nov 2, 2021
hello!
Identical phone.
This is not true. I have a Redmi K40 purchased in China, and I can install global ROMs just fine (Xiaomi.eu, EEA, etc).

Reactions: RollDload

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes they are the same. Only difference is the MIUI that's bundled with it. All custom ROMs on this forum support K40 and Poco F3.
    good to know it, it should be written with big red letters!

Personally i haven't tried that software to change region with locked bootloader, i can't tell you if it works or not.
    However, I do not recommend carrying out any modding operation with a locked bootloader, it is very risky, and if there are problems it is very difficult to restore it.
    Since unlocking the bootloader does not invalidate the warranty and is accepted by xiaomi, it is the best solution to carry out modding operations with the least possible risk of brick.