Question Is RUI 3.0 version C.07 stable enough to update to now?

Search This thread

Danick8989

May 21, 2015
Have any of you updated to the new version? Is it stable now? Does everything work fine?

A month ago I got a prompt to update to the then new android12 update but a lot of things were broken. Some apps I need(like nubank) wouldn't open for no apparent reason and the system was overall less responsive. Not to mention the NFC function was removed for no reason.

I had to go through the process of downgrading using a tutorial in this forum because the rollback package they provided was for the indian variant, so I'd rather know for sure that everything is OK before I update again

jaapgvk

Jun 15, 2010
I don't know if this is any help, but I've updated to c.06 in the past without it breaking anything. I've updated to c.07 now, and it seems stable to me personally.

maybe try a factory reset before updating? I haven't done that myself btw

Danick8989

May 21, 2015
I don't know if this is any help, but I've updated to c.06 in the past without it breaking anything. I've updated to c.07 now, and it seems stable to me personally.

maybe try a factory reset before updating? I haven't done that myself btw
Hi, thanks for your response. Did you notice any drop in performance or battery life after you updated? Any problems with fingerprint, nfc, etc?

jaapgvk

Jun 15, 2010
Hi, thanks for your response. Did you notice any drop in performance or battery life after you updated? Any problems with fingerprint, nfc, etc?
No prob. Performance has been very snappy so far. Battery is holding up great and charges as fast as before. Fingerprint en nfc are working fine.

The only annoying thing I've noticed (but maybe that's an Android 12 thing) is that the option for usb-tethering is missing from the pop-up screen when I plug my phone into my laptop. So I have to go into the settings screen to turn it on.

Danick8989

May 21, 2015
No prob. Performance has been very snappy so far. Battery is holding up great and charges as fast as before. Fingerprint en nfc are working fine.

The only annoying thing I've noticed (but maybe that's an Android 12 thing) is that the option for usb-tethering is missing from the pop-up screen when I plug my phone into my laptop. So I have to go into the settings screen to turn it on.
Coming back to report that I've updated, and while everything seems to be working fine I have noticed a drop in battery life which is quite annoying. Otherwise the rom runs smoothly and I've only noticed a small bug which sometimes prevents me from swiping up to close apps on the recent apps screen

AJ⁰⁰⁷

May 26, 2022
C.07 was buggy. C.08 is even more buggy.
C.08 bugs:-
Device hangs alot.Battery draining more. Many apps aren't responding well (ex- YouTube etc.) C.06 has HDR but it even not available in C.08.
I will downgrade it to rui 2.0

RichZ

Jan 19, 2022
Almost all alarm clock and notification apps stopped working reliably - missing alarms all the time :(