Is S20 Ultra Korean Varaint (SM-G988N) possible to debrand?

Search This thread

pohlipit

Jun 30, 2009
How did you manage to change the CSC in Samkey. It gives me an error saying Android 10 isn't supported on my G981N.

UID: CE012041ACE58D73197E
SWVER: G981NKSU1ATED/G981NKSU1ATED/G981NKSU1ATEE/G981NKSU1ATED/G981NOKR1ATED
ANDROID VERSION: 10 IS NOT SUPPORT
Balance: 10 Credit(s)

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Yesterday I succesfully changed my CSC using Samkey. I've already flashed the KOO firmware of the rom prior to changing the CSC, but according to Samkey support, the firmware for these korean phones is the same. This would mean only changing CSC should debrand your phone. I managed to change CSC without any loss of data, it simply reboots afterwards and it's fully debranded!

thats bcuz they probably are the same.. multi csc

Mhmdali77

Feb 11, 2021
That's possible my friend. I have successfully debranded over samkey from KTC (KorenTelecom) to KOO (OpenKorea) without loosing any of my data on my phone. I'm also from Europe!
Thanks again to @mishufac

Gesendet von meinem SM-G988N mit Tapatalk

Hello dear
I have a sm-g988n lg u+ version can you help me please debrand it to a international version , this is my email [email protected]
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-022433_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-022433_Settings.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210211-022417_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-022417_Settings.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 84

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
I'm owning a SM-G981N, carrier branded phone. Regarding bloatware, there are plenty of tutorials that can be found here to get rid of the majority of bloatware. The only way to be completely bloatware/carrier info free is to change CSC and flash the unlocked rom for your device. It seems possible to do with some third party software (samkey), but I haven't done so yet.

I have OCD when it comes to bloatware and or carrier info, I can't stand the fact that something is not original samsung. I have to say that after removing bloatware, except for the bootanimations, I really don't notice that I'm on a carrier branded phone anymore. If you dig deep enough, you will always find a handful of settings/options that shows you are on a carrier phone. Besides that, no problem at all.

I can't answer your questions regarding unlocking BL or rooting, but i assume in the near future this would be possible (if not already).

For 5G, you want to check your 5G provider's data protocol. If your phone supports it, then it should work no problem. Data for your phone can be found anywhere, example: http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=devi...ultra_5g_td-lte_kr_256gb__samsung_hubble_2_5g

Good luck!

Yesterday I succesfully changed my CSC using Samkey. I've already flashed the KOO firmware of the rom prior to changing the CSC, but according to Samkey support, the firmware for these korean phones is the same. This would mean only changing CSC should debrand your phone. I managed to change CSC without any loss of data, it simply reboots afterwards and it's fully debranded!

can this be done using ODIN? I tried to flash the open korea KOO over my KTC branded S20Ultra but it still go back to KTC after. Any way to fix this?
I also did it, and without SamKey.
Boot logo and bootloader carrier, it is annoing.
I tried KOO, and worked fine, but still Bloatware. How come??
Tried Full BTU or XAA (US unlocked), and Fail.
Not possible, though AP, BL and CP are very closed in sieze, so got to be CSC related.
At start, I was trying whole firmware...
I found this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...Snapdragon-Change-Firmware/m-p/1670671#M34938

It works after you unlock OEM and vbmeta and with CSC_Home + ODIN Patched, Flash the CSC_HOME of region that you want.
I came to realise, network Bloatware craps, were of KT (South Korea Carrier), and it is more located in CSC_Home...
Also phones should be exact same hardware models, CPU and all that. Lately Samsung swicht to Snap CPU for Europeans models.

I noted CSC_Home KOO, is smaller than CSC_Home XAA (USA). Plus, Flash using CSC_home XAA (unlocked US) seams to install a bunch of additional stuffs. I inspected the one of the KOO, and there is a list of Korean apps to be downloaded... I wish was possible to modify & recompile, then flash this CSC_Home, because less installed stuff than the US's Rom... Downloaded Korean bloatware , can always be removed, they are easily spotted. Maybe I am wrong... Just little analyse...

Clean Flash of KOO (4 files), then Flash CSC_HOME of desired Region. (with OEM unlock & ODIN 3B).

Phone Clean.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: lebigmac

overload001

Jul 25, 2012
Which CSC_HOME did you install and do you have e sim support?

I will travel to USA and i need this option so i can buy eSIM online and use internet while im there, i have read that all s20 have eSIM support but is locked by firmware

i had install clean KOO and have full support of 5G in Croatia, no any app from LG U+, boot logo still there...

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
Which CSC_HOME did you install and do you have e sim support?

I will travel to USA and i need this option so i can buy eSIM online and use internet while im there, i have read that all s20 have eSIM support but is locked by firmware

i had install clean KOO and have full support of 5G in Croatia, no any app from LG U+, boot logo still there...
When I installed KOO, was still a lot LG+ apps.
I installed KOO Rom , complete 4 files, and installed above it, KOO + CSC_HOME XAA.
About esim, i dont know much, but I guess I wll be able to use normal Sim and their network.
dont know forget to use Odin 3B patched! with normal version, it do not work. it is some kind of combinaison install, but this time not to do a downgrade.

Last edited:

overload001

Jul 25, 2012
When I installed KOO, was still a lot LG+ apps.
I installed KOO rom complete 4 files, and installed on it KOO + CSC_HOME USS, Unbraded USA, I guess XAA.
About usage of e sim, i dont know much, but I guess I wll be able to use normal Sim and their network.
dont know forget to use Odin 3B patched! with normal version, it do not work. it is some kind of combinaison install, but this time not to do a downgrade.
Can you check in settings/connection do you have and option for eSIM or under settings/connection/mobile networks?

Biodegradable

Dec 18, 2010
Cebu
I was able to debrand mine from SKC to KOO but it is with a consequence.
I flashed XAA CSC with 3 files for KOO. It may trip your knox so there's no going back there but since I don't really use spass or shealth so I'm fine with it.
Samkey and other methods failed me so that was my last option and gladly it worked.
After flashing XAA and booted your phone to screen then you need to do another flash again and use KOO. Then all is done, no more bloatwares.

Reactions: nk1001

nk1001

Sep 8, 2012
I flashed XAA CSC with 3 files for KOO. It may trip your knox so there's no going back there but since I don't really use spass or shealth so I'm fine with it.
Samkey and other methods failed me so that was my last option and gladly it worked.
After flashing XAA and booted your phone to screen then you need to do another flash again and use KOO. Then all is done, no more bloatwares.
does KOO have call recording and eSim (SIM card manager) ? mine is SKT, i dont have esim
do you know any firmware got both feature ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's possible my friend. I have successfully debranded over samkey from KTC (KorenTelecom) to KOO (OpenKorea) without loosing any of my data on my phone. I'm also from Europe!
    Thanks again to @mishufac

I'm owning a SM-G981N, carrier branded phone. Regarding bloatware, there are plenty of tutorials that can be found here to get rid of the majority of bloatware. The only way to be completely bloatware/carrier info free is to change CSC and flash the unlocked rom for your device. It seems possible to do with some third party software (samkey), but I haven't done so yet.

I have OCD when it comes to bloatware and or carrier info, I can't stand the fact that something is not original samsung. I have to say that after removing bloatware, except for the bootanimations, I really don't notice that I'm on a carrier branded phone anymore. If you dig deep enough, you will always find a handful of settings/options that shows you are on a carrier phone. Besides that, no problem at all.

I can't answer your questions regarding unlocking BL or rooting, but i assume in the near future this would be possible (if not already).

For 5G, you want to check your 5G provider's data protocol. If your phone supports it, then it should work no problem. Data for your phone can be found anywhere, example: http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=devi...ultra_5g_td-lte_kr_256gb__samsung_hubble_2_5g

Good luck!
    New firmware available with camera improvements, may security patch and system stability improvements!