• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

is s20fe with snapdragon 865 4G (SM-G780G) rootable?

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I don't have that version but the answers are yes and yes.

the method to root with just magisk is the same for all phones more or less, with TWRP you can follow the instructions for the 5G version and use the 5G TWRP.

Reactions: julkidi

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019

the method to root with just magisk is the same for all phones more or less, with TWRP you can follow the instructions for the 5G version and use the 5G TWRP.
i had read somewhere, it think it was the snapdragon 855 s10, that werent rootable. Are you %100 sure this s20fe with snapdragon is rootable? Also is it doable with magisk?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Qualcomm chips on Samsung phones sold in the US and Canada have locked bootloaders, since the 4G snapdragon isn't on-sale in North America you are going to be OK. I've spoken with 4G users who've rooted and there are threads and replies here you could've read that confirm all this.

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019
Qualcomm chips on Samsung phones sold in the US and Canada have locked bootloaders, since the 4G snapdragon isn't on-sale in North America you are going to be OK. I've spoken with 4G users who've rooted and there are threads and replies here you could've read that confirm all this.
thanks a lot for the clatification :) ive looked around a bit saying they were successful but they say like "ye i rooted my s20 fe" and it makes you doubt is he really talkin about the sdg? (even tho its under sdg thread)

Btw do you know if magisk works too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.