Question Is the 10 Pro worth getting?

Search This thread

khapunkap

Account currently disabled
Jun 29, 2022
Greetings,
I've been browsing the sub for a bit and watched a few reviews about the phone because I have a pretty great deal for one and might consider buying it. I tried it out for a few minutes in a store the other day and it feels and looks great.
There seems to be a lot of negative talk, mostly against the fact that 1+ is now just a flagship, which I don't care too much about. Nor do I for the camera or selfie-notch or whatever.
Are the software issues and such really that annoying to deal with? Are there other phones you'd recommend instead? Am I better off just hoping the 11 is a greater phone and keeping my 7Pro for now?
Pre-thanks for the answers!

Last edited by a moderator:

FKX1997

Apr 30, 2022
It is a great phone however if your fussy, like to modify and customize ect (live for the root) then you will find it frustrating

I find it's great, once i overcame the things i hated and removed, or rewrote some bits to get the outcome i wanted. Ease of use is great, camera is 9/10 IMO. It is a good phone regardless

Reactions: theWestCoastGhost
D

Deleted member 1755208

Greetings,
I've been browsing the sub for a bit and watched a few reviews about the phone because I have a pretty great deal for one and might consider buying it. I tried it out for a few minutes in a store the other day and it feels and looks great.
There seems to be a lot of negative talk, mostly against the fact that 1+ is now just a flagship, which I don't care too much about. Nor do I for the camera or selfie-notch or whatever.
Are the software issues and such really that annoying to deal with? Are there other phones you'd recommend instead? Am I better off just hoping the 11 is a greater phone and keeping my 7Pro for now?
good phone but don't buy ne2215 single sim i was f****d

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Just a tough question.

If you want a great phone with superb performance and amazing hardware, plus an battery that just doesn't quit then yes.

But if you're expecting a flashers paradise which is what most OnePlus buyers want then I'm afraid the answer is a solid no, at least for now.

Any phone I've ever had before if it's going to prove to be a developers haven, we would already have ROMs popping up all over the place, alas with the 10 pro it's just not the case, then again neither is it with the pixel 6 or pro.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come, but for now it's a far cry from everybody's previous device.

Even the threads on XDA are convoluted and confusing, especially on the app.

I'd say look elsewhere but at least on paper, the two aforementioned devices are the best that is currently on offer.

Difficult time to buy unless you don't mind last gens phone. In which case I'd say go 8 pro or the 9 if flashing ROMs is your thing.

I hope it turns around but time is ticking away and the longer it goes on the slimmer the chances.

D

Deleted member 1755208

Greetings,
listen mate go for xiaomi mi 11 ultra i regret that i sold it perfect phone

Reactions: mookiexl

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi

dladz

I, too, like Nothing phone. For the design in the first place. The price is tempting.
I Hate rounded phones (dildo like), rounded corners, curved screen (useless expensive creap).

khapunkap

if money is no issue get Xiaomi 12S Ultra.

Reactions: dlads

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Just a tough question.

If you want a great phone with superb performance and amazing hardware, plus an battery that just doesn't quit then yes.

But if you're expecting a flashers paradise which is what most OnePlus buyers want then I'm afraid the answer is a solid no, at least for now.

Any phone I've ever had before if it's going to prove to be a developers haven, we would already have ROMs popping up all over the place, alas with the 10 pro it's just not the case, then again neither is it with the pixel 6 or pro.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come, but for now it's a far cry from everybody's previous device.

I'd say look elsewhere but at least on paper, the two aforementioned devices are the best that is currently on offer.

Difficult time to buy unless you don't mind last gens phone. In which case I'd say go 8 pro or the 9 if flashing ROMs is your thing.

I hope it turns around but time is ticking away and the longer it goes on the slimmer the chances.

XDA has been terrible over the years. The search feature is so flawed now it almost seems like a waste of time to tell people to search for anything. The app is garbage now and basically was a slap in the face to users who had to pay for the premium app back in the day to get good usability.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2

dladz

I, too, like Nothing phone. For the design in the first place. The price is tempting.
I Hate rounded phones (dildo like), rounded corners, curved screen (useless expensive creap).

khapunkap

if money is no issue get Xiaomi 12S Ultra.

Loool at dildo phone. That made me chuckle.. what's the price on the nothing phone? Has that been provided yet?? Also one problem I may have with it is the SOC that's been chosen.

Design wise tho, looks amazing.

Plus Carl Pei on board can only be a good thing 👍🏻

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
XDA has been terrible over the years. The search feature is so flawed now it almost seems like a waste of time to tell people to search for anything. The app is garbage now and basically was a slap in the face to users who had to pay for the premium app back in the day to get good usability.
Lol I forgot about that, but I did buy the premium app, then it just disappeared. The categories looks like someone made a change for the sake of making a change, it's less intuitive.

Reactions: Prant

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Oh wow, now that's some original OnePlus pricing..

Amazing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-07-17-11-25-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-07-17-11-25-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 119

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Nothing phone price for the smaller ram/storage around 460 euro
Oled, 120hz, 6,55 inch
Qualcomm SM7325-AE Snapdragon 778G+ 5G (6 nm) chipset (mid ranger)

Can you get it ? "Leakers" say is by invite only..., like OnePlus One was...

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Oled, 120hz, 6,55 inch

I have an invite so I could, just don't have the extra cash ATM, plus knowing my luck I'd get it then a tonne of custom ROMs would come out for the 10 pro.

EtherealRemnant

Oled, 120hz, 6,55 inch

Not that they're selling it in the US to begin with but I couldn't do a 778G+ chip. Gotta have a flagship. There is a massive gap between 778G+ and 8 gen 1.

I had to go to a custom ROM thanks to OnePlus throttling the SoC on my 9 because the browsing performance was garbage without the X1 core and the 778G+ Geekbench single core score is similar to the throttled 9 performance. Thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: galaxys

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
If money is a problem, Nothing phone is good. Nothing is around 470 euro, 10 Pro - 919 euro (8/128)
And SD 778 is the best performance processor for midrangers phones.
I like Very Much the design of OnePlus 10R (global Ace)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a tough question.

Pixel 6 Pro NOT worth buying !
    After many bugs, new offer from google : "no network" (not from SIM , not from wifi). In the USA.
    After many bugs, new offer from google : "no network" (not from SIM , not from wifi). In the USA.
    I ditched the Pixel 6 Pro awhile ago. Just too buggy🪲🐞🦗 with the first generation Tensor SoC....
    Just a tough question.

D
    Deleted member 1755208
    the mobile reception is so bad on pixel 6 pro, they use exynos crap, i returned immediately
    im getting 5g full bars with oneplus as always