Question Is the a workable solution to phone number shown Unknown in Pixel Phone

Search This thread

subbaak1968

Apr 13, 2019
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
The Google Pixel 6a will refuse to show my number no matter how much I try with different ways. The service provider says its Pixels setting problem and not theirs. Any workabout to it ??? Thanks in Advance
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 1.13.16 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-21 at 1.13.15 AM.jpeg

AndyBury

Nov 10, 2010
Essex.
Google Pixel 6a
I don't know if it is the same problem as I have had in the past, But
Not all sim card have your phone number saved to them.
What I had to do was put my sim card into my daughter's iPhone and save my phone number back to my own sim card, and then my own phone could see my number.

Google search should tell you how to do that. Good Luck. It's well past time that android should have added that!

mike.s

Apr 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
What?

Settings/About phone/Phone number (sim slot 1)
Settings/About phone/Phone number (sim slot 2)

If it doesn't show, reboot your phone.

Last edited:

subbaak1968

Apr 13, 2019
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
I don't know if it is the same problem as I have had in the past, But
Not all sim card have your phone number saved to them.
What I had to do was put my sim card into my daughter's iPhone and save my phone number back to my own sim card, and then my own phone could see my number.

Google search should tell you how to do that. Good Luck. It's well past time that android should have added that!
I tried. It is not happening

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I tried. It is not happening
Call your provider and work it through with them. They'll need the IMEI from the phone or the box you got it in. They need to register that IMEI with your phone number. It happened to me with my eSim and finally they figured it out but it took the second tier support guy.

subbaak1968

Apr 13, 2019
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
Call your provider and work it through with them. They'll need the IMEI from the phone or the box you got it in. They need to register that IMEI with your phone number. It happened to me with my eSim and finally they figured it out but it took the second tier support guy.
I called operator. They say its activated properly from their side. I replaced sim. Still the pixel 6a is showing my sim as unknown although all services like call in/out, sms in/out and internet is working fine. Even the person whom I am ringing is getting my number correctly. Its just the phone and its strange why it is showing other sim number when inserted but not this number