• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is the bootloader now unlockable?

Search This thread

davy4475

Jan 13, 2014
OnePlus 6T
Screenshot_2021-11-01-23-42-06-70_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Lizzo

You can check this link below and follow the steps to unlock the bootloader. I did this in my Find X3 Pro device,
Yeahhhhh this doesn't work on the international model. You don't go into fastboot when you hold down the buttons.

bassman66

Oct 1, 2010
Bern
so is it or isn't it possible to root international model? I tryed adb reboot bootloader, but the device just rebooted :(

Ninja_Gundam

Dec 11, 2006
Hi, damn I've read this post too late.. new phone here and fastboot do not work :( Is there a way to flash not international rom? even if chinese will be english language in it? For me an android without root it useless.

Chooo

hedgemonstahinz

Nov 14, 2006
I enabled bootloader to be unlocked, but I can disable and restart phone... Does this mean I still won't get any update or because I can disable bootloader unlock I can?

Ninja_Gundam

Dec 11, 2006
I enabled bootloader to be unlocked, but I can disable and restart phone... Does this mean I still won't get any update or because I can disable bootloader unlock I can?
If you just unlocked Recovery mode yes, I just did it and updated os to 11.2 (phone is new). Dunno about the Fastboot mode (how you managed to do if you did ?)

Chooo

hedgemonstahinz

Nov 14, 2006
I just clicked on bootloader unlock... Then turned it off again after reading this post lol.
So I should be ok?
Screenshot_2021-12-24-18-16-40-48_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

hlhmark

Aug 30, 2010
If you unlock the bootloader are you able to flash a different region ROM?

So from a UK based one to say the Global one with the newer Android 12

Ninja_Gundam

Dec 11, 2006
If you unlock the bootloader are you able to flash a different region ROM?

So from a UK based one to say the Global one with the newer Android 12
I've read somewhere yes.. but not the chinese one version coz different partitioned. Btw the mission now is how the hell unlock fastboot.. no root\no magisk\no privacy and optimization. :( I will even pay 50€ to have it rooted, coz my altenative is now sell it and buy a S21Ultra and i don't want :(

Chooo

Macguyver1980

Mar 25, 2009
Brussels
Seems from this link that it's indeed possible for Chinese Model, but I can't access the files and applications they mentioned. Was there anyone able to retrieve or try the given solution?

Reactions: georgiy8428

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems from this link that it's indeed possible for Chinese Model, but I can't access the files and applications they mentioned. Was there anyone able to retrieve or try the given solution?