Is the ClearPad2000 a reason for not buying an N1

Search This thread

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    I'm tempted to buy an N1, but I did a little research and saw here, that the Nexus One has a ClearPad 2000 which does not seem to hold the promise of a "true" multitouch mobile phone (saw the petition thread - it was funny ^^)...
    But does anyone here use more than 2 fingers when using multitouch? And is it really such an annoyance or just non-sense to complain about such thing? So, if you had the chance, would you buy the Nexus One again?

This is not a thread which wants to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the N1 with any other device.

Would be nice if anyone could answer my questions...

Greets

Last edited:

dudekiller

Mar 8, 2008
    i have an n1 and i hardly ever have problems with mulitouch ive had one for about 4 months now and ive had a problem with the screen like 2 times and all i did was try it again and it figured it out, the "problem" is nothing super noticeable

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    If you are looking for an extremely capable phone, then no - I only rarely use more than one finger on the screen, and never more than two. I have no need for such trifles :-D

If you are looking for a portable gaming platform that also can occasionally surf the internet and make calls, you might find it more of an issue. That said, I do plenty of gaming on my phone, and the only game I have an issue with is ToonWarz - but can work around that using the trackball rather than two fat thumbs on the screen.

SBS_

Jul 13, 2007
    Bergen
    If you buy this phone to mostly use it to play multi-touch games on, then yes it could be a reason for not buying it. Most games do work just fine though and if you were just gonna play games on your phone I would advise you to buy a handheld gaming console...

agentkalaw

Jul 22, 2009
    if you look back at how this whole multi touch issue was started/discovered you'll realize that it was from a game developer that wanted to put a virtual joystick and two buttons on the screen. I'm really glad he discovered the problem but games like those are rare even for gamers.

i'm not a gamer but even if i was i would assume that the n1 could hold up its own with games. so, yeah. not even a question...i would get the n1 again.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    no its not an issue at all. sure some complex games would be limited, but i have yet to even see any games that are effected. of course i wish it were better so we WOULD see some cool games.

but for using the phone normally, like pinch to zoom, you wouldnt even know there was an issue. go ahead aand get the nexus.

D

diversificationied

Yes. Wait and see how deep the hacking gets on the better htc devices (incredible/evo).

If you plan on keeping the device longer than 6 months, make sure you're getting a fully functioning device.

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
    in a room
    i agree its not really an issue unless gaming. i never use more then 2 fingers only to pinch from time to time nothing else. i dont game so not required for me.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
    I'm tempted to buy an N1, but I did a little research and saw here, that the Nexus One has a ClearPad 2000 which does not seem to hold the promise of a "true" multitouch mobile phone (saw the petition thread - it was funny ^^)...
    But does anyone here use more than 2 fingers when using multitouch? And is it really such an annoyance or just non-sense to complain about such thing? So, if you had the chance, would you buy the Nexus One again?

This is not a thread which wants to compare the advantages and disadvantages of the N1 with any other device.

Would be nice if anyone could answer my questions...

Greets

A) If you play a lot of multitouch games, yes.

B) Why do you care if you're already set on the Galaxy S (in your signature)? :rolleyes: