is the dx2 bootloader locked/unlockable?

Search This thread

gevis

Apr 1, 2011
Elkay, I think what you're noticing is that the qHD screen must have the same issues that the Super Amoled does. I for one love the colors, although technically they're oversaturated or whatever. It's a phone, not a TV, so I don't really mind. It looks colorful and nice.

But yes, depending on how close you're looking, and whether you actually care or not, you can see the....rigidity? of the pixels sometimes, depending on what colors are being displayed.

Sadly for you, that's the way they make the new screens apparently, so if you don't like it, you'll have to stick with something else.

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
Elkay, I think what you're noticing is that the qHD screen must have the same issues that the Super Amoled does. I for one love the colors, although technically they're oversaturated or whatever. It's a phone, not a TV, so I don't really mind. It looks colorful and nice.

But yes, depending on how close you're looking, and whether you actually care or not, you can see the....rigidity? of the pixels sometimes, depending on what colors are being displayed.

Sadly for you, that's the way they make the new screens apparently, so if you don't like it, you'll have to stick with something else.

Correct, mostly. Most of the Super Amoled displays do use pentile technology, but it isn't required for them. They can still use the standard pixel layout, most companies just chose not to.

micho1969

Mar 8, 2011
Humandroid,

But I did figure out how to boot into stock recovery the very first day I had it (20 May) and I posted it on Moto' support forums.

But here is a shortened version:

•Power down
•Power up holding the power button and the down arrow at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.
•Press the down arrow until you get to "Launch (or boot) into Android Recovery" or something to that effect. (Roughly about 7 presses).
•Press BOTH the up and down arrow simultaneously. It will load the next window we all know.
•Now press the up AND down arrows again. Now it will put you into the menu screen.
•Up and down arrows are still used to scroll. Your power button is your "enter" or "select" key.

I also found something interesting out. If you power on pressing the up arrow and power button simultaneously, it gives you RSD tools or something like that!

I haven't looked to see what all is there to select from on the RSD thing or the other things going to recovery. But if someone beats me to it, by al means, hit us up and share it. We are all on the same team here. Hahahahaha

Found this in dxf interesting read

Reactions: firefighterguy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why there's no specific droid x2 forum yet?
    Humandroid,

But I did figure out how to boot into stock recovery the very first day I had it (20 May) and I posted it on Moto' support forums.

But here is a shortened version:

•Power down
    •Power up holding the power button and the down arrow at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.
    •Press the down arrow until you get to "Launch (or boot) into Android Recovery" or something to that effect. (Roughly about 7 presses).
    •Press BOTH the up and down arrow simultaneously. It will load the next window we all know.
    •Now press the up AND down arrows again. Now it will put you into the menu screen.
    •Up and down arrows are still used to scroll. Your power button is your "enter" or "select" key.

I also found something interesting out. If you power on pressing the up arrow and power button simultaneously, it gives you RSD tools or something like that!

I haven't looked to see what all is there to select from on the RSD thing or the other things going to recovery. But if someone beats me to it, by al means, hit us up and share it. We are all on the same team here. Hahahahaha

Found this in dxf interesting read
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone