Is the Ematic Genesis 7" tablet from Walmart rootable?

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
ok trying now...

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Sorry but your devices is not rooted !!! Try other method to root !

thats what it said

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

at the end it also says commands executed successfully but no root
there are other programs, SuperOneClick etc.

Good luck!

amdcpus

Jul 21, 2013
All this is pretty strange. Worked for everybody but you. Do you have USB debugging on and USB storage off in Settings?
i do have usb debugging on but my device also says "allow media scanning as usb". should i turn that off?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

i bet i know why it doesnt work now. this is a genesis prime with jelly bean not a genesis with ICS

Last edited:

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
this is what i get in restore and root:
jb is as rootable as ics.
there is something called universal root tool. not sure, never used it. but if I needed to root my device, i'd be all over inet to find the way to do it.

now I wanna know how to push CWM or TWRP to my tablets. This is the only thing missed. I do wanna nandroid backup.

otherwise, they are stellar. video is smooth, sound is great, book reader is excellent. for the price I paid /$30 for each/, can't beat this.

cons: little sluggish touch screen response sometimes, battery life is poor.. around 2 hours..that's about it.

amdcpus

Jul 21, 2013
jb is as rootable as ics.
there is something called universal root tool. not sure, never used it. but if I needed to root my device, i'd be all over inet to find the way to do it.

now I wanna know how to push CWM or TWRP to my tablets. This is the only thing missed. I do wanna nandroid backup.

otherwise, they are stellar. video is smooth, sound is great, book reader is excellent. for the price I paid /$30 for each/, can't beat this.

cons: little sluggish touch screen response sometimes, battery life is poor.. around 2 hours..that's about it.
hmm can't find universal root tool. idk how to root know I think I'm all out of options

jluck1

Jul 14, 2008
First of all thank you for the great guide and help on getting this tablet rooted and gapps loaded.

Going on a couple hours of trying to get gapps on this thing. I do have it rooted and have gotten adb able to recognize my device. But when I go to push the \system folder to /system. It is telling my there is no space left on the device which is not true.

I pushed the whole gapps-ics-20120429-signed folder to the ematic and haven't gotten the no space left on device error, only when trying to transfer just the system folder. I have also tried moving just this folder to other locations on my computer and still no luck.

I have rooted many devices and this was has been more frustrated then other other device I have worked with please help!

rekids

Sep 12, 2013
Other root option

I got a eMatic egs004 for my two youngest. Tablets came with 4.1.1 installed, used the driver that was posted earlier with the editing of the inf file to match the tablet so ADB would work. Used motochoper to root and install SU. Worked both time first time with no issues at all.

Tried the other root methods with no success, so as a other option used motochoper and it worked with out any problems at all in under 4 minutes.

But this is with my experiance with these tablets. I like motochoper used it to root my D4, TF700T, both of the Razr M we got and these two tablets.

Crazy1m

Sep 13, 2014
partial success

:confused::confused:
I was planning on creating a whole HOW TO but got sick Friday PM and have not been near a computer till just now.. as soon as I get "BACK ON MY FEET" I will try writing something up.

:David

Update: The following is for your information I can not be held liable if you "Brick" your tablet as this worked for me, but try at your own risk!!
Read this page: Universal Root
Use this utility: Root_with_Restore
Then download the GAPPS from the above link and extract and find the folder "SYSTEM"
Open a dos command prompt window.
Now connect your tablet via USB and be sure that you have it set for USB DEBUGGING in the system / development
DO NOT TURN IN USB STORAGE.
Go to the folder where you extracted the download "Root_with_Restore" go to the folder 'STUFF' and from the command box type " adb device " you should see your tablet connected.
Run the "BAT" file from "Root_with_Restore" [I do not remember for sure but I know that "Other" did not work so I choose the option above it.]
Then find where you extracted the GAPPS system folder and type: adb push <if needed type in the full drive+folder listing>system /system : now wait.. you should see allot of screen messages. till you get a message saying complete.
Unplug the USB cable and turn off your tablet.
Turn on your tablet... this may take longer than in the past.. but you should have a working "GOOGLE PLAY STORE" once your system comes up.

Please post back if this works for you or if I need to try to expand the instructions.
I am sure that some real DOS/Android programmer could make a single .ZIP and .BAT file to take care of everything more cleanly.

:David
:confused:

Ematic EGM003BL

Root worked I think but don't know how to tell.

But failed to copy Gapps with the following:

From my folder where ADB is located I run this command in the CMD window:

adb push C:\gapps\system /system
it returns this:
Push: c:\gapps\system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh -> /system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh
failed to copy 'c:\gapps\system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh -> /system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh' : Read only file system.

Need clarification whether mounting the sysem folder and setting permissions to rw will correct the failure. I am not the expert and have only rooted and modded Coby Kyros, Craig and Pandigital tablets.

went to shell

(directory where unzipped desired root program) type 'adb shell'
type 'su'
type busybox mount -o rw, remount /system
turned tablet off and back on
Will take longer to boot back up
Perform your setup and tested.

Have all the google apps and they don't crash now. For the specs it works good and my wife is happy.

Thanks all

Last edited: