Is the HTC One the phone to get or is another one worth waiting for?

Search This thread

lilkhmerkid4u

Dec 26, 2011
I'm so ready to get rid of my OG Galaxy Nexus

Unplugged the charger at 100%
Grabbed lunch to eat...just browsing sports news ~20mins
Got to work 10mins later
Arrive at work with 43%
No apps/programs open
Google location turned off
Lags like crazy

I've been waiting for this moment ...lol...but is there another phone on the horizon thats worth getting? I've heard about the LG G2 that might be released in a couple of weeks:p

josh995

Oct 15, 2010
Stafford, VA
I mean, there are other good phones coming, but they don't hold up to the One, in my opinion.

The LG looks good, but it's plastic. Once you hold the One in your hand it's just like... you should have been born with the One in your hand. :D

dalex7777

Feb 4, 2010
Houston

Got to work 10mins later
Arrive at work with 43%
No apps/programs open
Lags like crazy

I've been waiting for this moment ...lol...but is there another phone on the horizon thats worth getting? I've heard about the LG G2 that might be released in a couple of weeks:p

I think Verizon will get the HTC One MAX first among major US Carriers. I think many moving parts were part of the HTC One delayed arrival on VZW, not the least of which was the blanket TV campaign that HTC FINALLY launched!

The One Max will be all the physical goodness of the One in a G2/Note 3 type form factor. I don't know or care about the fingerprint reader, but the Snapdragon 800 could mean that for the first time we will have a major US device that supports LTE bands 4/17/25 besides the upcoming Nexus 7.

That alone is a game changer.

Besides the Snapdragon 800's reportedly ridiculous battery life, I've decided to hold of switching from my Sprint One to a Verizon One and wait and see what HTC & Verizon have cooked up for November when they usually launch their flagship device (ReZound, DNA).

crazyg0od33

Aug 10, 2010
but if you dont want a phablet, there's no point in waiting. I have no interest in a brick that can call people, so for me I would hate to have that thing

samstudent

Mar 4, 2011
I just switched from a Galaxy Nexus over to the HTC One and I love it. I completely agree that it is the phone to go with if you don't want a phablet.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
there is nothing else currently on VZ that competes (other than S4). and the biggest devices coming are phablets...Note III....etc...so yeah I would say go with the One

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com
I switched over from the S4 to the One just because I like the direction that Sense is going in, plus I just wanted to try something new. The One absolutely has blown me away so far. Such a good handset.

flybass

Mar 28, 2012
New York

Got to work 10mins later
Arrive at work with 43%
No apps/programs open
Lags like crazy

I'm in the same boat that you are..my galaxy nexus is perpetually asking me to plug in the charger and lags like crazy after a day of uptime.

However, I'm not yet sold by this device. The hardware looks good except for the battery size. It is only 100mah more than the battery in my gnex. I doubt battery life will last more than a half day on LTE. It looks like they realized the battery is too small when you consider the upcoming Butterfly S http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-butterfly-s/#specs

Also, HTC sense looks totally disgusting, but I expect there to hopefully be stock builds.

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
I think Verizon will get the HTC One MAX first among major US Carriers. I think many moving parts were part of the HTC One delayed arrival on VZW, not the least of which was the blanket TV campaign that HTC FINALLY launched!

The One Max will be all the physical goodness of the One in a G2/Note 3 type form factor. I don't know or care about the fingerprint reader, but the Snapdragon 800 could mean that for the first time we will have a major US device that supports LTE bands 4/17/25 besides the upcoming Nexus 7.

That alone is a game changer.

Besides the Snapdragon 800's reportedly ridiculous battery life, I've decided to hold of switching from my Sprint One to a Verizon One and wait and see what HTC & Verizon have cooked up for November when they usually launch their flagship device (ReZound, DNA).

Ummmm, I've read several sources stating that it was actually Verizon's choice not to originally carry the One. They actually passed on it to get the Butterfly S (or DNA 2), but due to popular demand of the people (us) they decided to scrap it and go with the One. That's why the testing time didn't even start until much much after release.

And HTC One Maxx gets released on VZW first? Lolz..... not even gonna go there, haha.