Is the official ice cream sandwich update any good ?

Search This thread

daevion0

Dec 13, 2010
I'm tired of being on gingerbread but I'm pretty much dome with custom roms. I've seen a lot of people bashing the update so I never touched it but apparently they sent out another update a few weeks ago. Did it make things worse? How is the smoothness and battery life compared to stock gingerbread.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Omar04

Jul 22, 2011
Kissimmee
I vote installing the ics BluKuban! He only bases off of official releases, and is awesomely themed and customizable to boot!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

+1 to Kuban if you like extreme customization. It's way over themed for my taste.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tdunham

Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Try re-calked. You choose customization. More or less.

I'm a little biased, but I agree. I personally do not care for themed roms. I would prefer to make small changes myself and if I want a little theming, there are a few good launchers out that provide the theming that I need. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

marksedge

Apr 6, 2011
Long Beach
Im on stock fh13 and to be honest its been stable as far as battery life and everything in between ..but 4g is slow bro

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Im trying calkulin's 1.6 ics fe22 rom in the original development section. Yes its old. Yes theres recalk. His fe22 and el29 may be old but they are stable and ive not had any snafus yet.

TheSilverStig

Jul 21, 2010
Detroit
Every time I try ics its still buggy for me. Sometimes the capacitive buttons don't work for a couple seconds, or the weird visual glitch in the task manager. None of it seems worth the hassel. JB is the way to go imo with project butter this thing is bulletproof. Yea they are a bit unstable which I realize I just complained about, but I think jb is worth it because you actually gain something compared to the ics update, where really the only thing you get is access to a couple apps (chrome etc) and instability. It gets rid of all the nice cosmetic changes ics made, and covers them with touchwiz. For the bone stock user, yea the ics update adds functionality (very little) but if you're rooted ics is a waste of time. That and the fact that no one can theme a rom to make this phone not look like a toy anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1 to Kuban if you like extreme customization. It's way over themed for my taste.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Try re-calked. You choose customization. More or less.

Im on stock fh13 and to be honest its been stable as far as battery life and everything in between ..but 4g is slow bro

The last FI03 build presented us with a huge jump in 4g speeds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone