Is the price too GATDAMN high?

Search This thread

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal
As most of you might know the Galaxy S20 Ultra Will cost $1300 USD and I'm not too sure what to think. On one end it offers the best of the best in terms of specs but on the other hand $1300 is a lot of money.

That's about $1750 CAD in my province that comes out to $2008 with taxes. That price is too GATDAMN high!

I already know that I want it but I won't be pre ordering this time around. The prices usually go down a couple of weeks after release anyway.

What's your take on it? Is it a GO a hard PASS or does it fall somewhere in between?

Reactions: izabn

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
As most of you might know the Galaxy S20 Ultra Will cost $1300 USD and I'm not too sure what to think. On one end it offers the best of the best in terms of specs but on the other hand $1300 is a lot of money.

That's about $1750 CAD in my province that comes out to $2008 with taxes. That price is too GATDAMN high!

I already know that I want it but I won't be pre ordering this time around. The prices usually go down a couple of weeks after release anyway.

What's your take on it? Is it a GO a hard PASS or does it fall somewhere in between?
I would wait a bit, last year in late april samsung had that blue ribbon event. The 512gb s10 was the same price as the regular s10, plus there was a 10% coupon and a $200 trade in bonus, that 512gb s10 ended up costing me $903 cdn after taxes :cool:

Reactions: mrnovanova

Geekser

May 18, 2017
Milwaukee
ShimmeringGlass.com
My Wife thinnks I am crazy - but I will be getting the S20 Ultra - I will either trade my Note 10 Plus or sell it on Swappa after I get the new S20 Ultra. I don't like the fact that it is so expensive, but the only way it would be cheaper is if it didn't have the same amount of enhancements and quality hard ware. Its understandable that it is going to cost more based on everything it has....and honestly, it sounds like it will be worth every penny.

Reactions: ktpcbu and izabn

lucky_strike33

May 15, 2013

will this change your mind about the price??

https://twitter.com/BenGeskin/status/1227221152159936515

Reactions: mrnovanova

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
Canadian prices...

s20 128gb - $1320
s20+ 128gb - $1580
s20+ 512gb - $1780
s20u 128gb - $1850
s20u 512gb - $2110 + 13% tax = $2384 lolololol

I think i'll skip this generation, the s20 doesn't even have a 256 or 512gb version and the s20u is too rich for my blood. No blue ribbon even will discount it to my liking, and that space zoom is only 4x optical, the rest is sensor crop+digital zoom.

Last edited:

skivnit

May 21, 2012
Again you guys are looking at the 5G versions and expecting it to cost same as lte versions from last year...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Again you guys are looking at the 5G versions and expecting it to cost same as lte versions from last year...

I don't see any 'non 5G' versions though.

It would be nice to see that. Because for the vast majority of us, 5G is as practical as tits on a bull and I'd gladly choose a non 5G variant in order to save money on something I'd never use.

Of course, with the S10, if you wanted the best device you didn't have a choice. The S10 5G was the best. Until the Note 10 came out. But with (the Note 10) you did NOT have to get a 5G version to have the best.

Flockrock

May 23, 2013
Bavaria
No I wish it would cost more because people who really need to buy the absolute gold standard phone no matter what price are stupid enough to pay any price.
Like getting only 95% of the features in a S20 for almost half the price isn't an option.
I like seeing what a phone can possibly do but some people should think twice about wasting their money so thoughtless

Is it too expensive? Well yes if you can't afford it just buy a S20. Like you couldn't live without a 108MP or 100X zoom

It's like complaining about a ferrari being to expensive. Just get a toyota or whatever and stop complaining

Last edited:

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
If the s10 camera and radio performance was not so bad I'd never even consider the s20.

Honestly though there are equally good options out there now for less money. I'm using the OP7 pro right now and only the camera falls short but the pixel and last gen Huawei's still have epic cameras as does (whisper it) the sub £1000 iPhone 11

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

skivnit

May 21, 2012
In my country they sell the ultra for 1349 usd and it's LTE only as we don't have 5G yet

Zirox

Nov 6, 2016
In my opinion if you take good care of phones the price is just right. Its 1.3k but you get good trade in value for galxy series/Note am currently getting 700$ for my Note10+ that about half the price of the phone. And in my opinion this phone is totally worth the 600$ after trade in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Wife thinnks I am crazy - but I will be getting the S20 Ultra - I will either trade my Note 10 Plus or sell it on Swappa after I get the new S20 Ultra. I don't like the fact that it is so expensive, but the only way it would be cheaper is if it didn't have the same amount of enhancements and quality hard ware. Its understandable that it is going to cost more based on everything it has....and honestly, it sounds like it will be worth every penny.
    I work on a phone, we are on Google platform, shared drives and the like , very ram heavy. So i spend hours on a phone every day, and I don't like carrying 2 phones so I'm dual SIM.

So a phone that's 120hz , big and bright and 12gb ram and dual SIM is a dream for my job, my eyes and frankly, feel good factor.

It's worth every penny to me, when I see my colleagues waiting 15 seconds for each file to load and moaning they can't do reports outside in sunlight it hits home even more.

The screen alone is worth the money

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    No I wish it would cost more because people who really need to buy the absolute gold standard phone no matter what price are stupid enough to pay any price.
    Like getting only 95% of the features in a S20 for almost half the price isn't an option.
    I like seeing what a phone can possibly do but some people should think twice about wasting their money so thoughtless

Is it too expensive? Well yes if you can't afford it just buy a S20. Like you couldn't live without a 108MP or 100X zoom

It's like complaining about a ferrari being to expensive. Just get a toyota or whatever and stop complaining

I would wait a bit, last year in late april samsung had that blue ribbon event. The 512gb s10 was the same price as the regular s10, plus there was a 10% coupon and a $200 trade in bonus, that 512gb s10 ended up costing me $903 cdn after taxes :cool:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone