• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

is the same Smartphone ? Galaxy M30 & Galaxy A40s (SM-A3050)

Search This thread

Znovice

Oct 24, 2021
Hello,
i have an Samsung Galaxy A40s (SM-A3050) , and i would to install LineageOS to remove GAPPS (Google)
i find only a Rom LineageOs for Galaxy M30,

And i read that the Galaxy M30 is named Galaxy A40s in other country

Can i , follow the step for unlock, and root and install TWRP and install ROM LineageOS for M30 for my A40s ?
Thank you

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Hello,
i have an Samsung Galaxy A40s (SM-A3050) , and i would to install LineageOS to remove GAPPS (Google)
i find only a Rom LineageOs for Galaxy M30,

And i read that the Galaxy M30 is named Galaxy A40s in other country

Can i , follow the step for unlock, and root and install TWRP and install ROM LineageOS for M30 for my A40s ?
Thank you
Hi,
Yes, A40s and M30 are almost identical but please do not follow those instructions.
Unlock and root and TWRP are not the same, will need specific builds.

Znovice

Oct 24, 2021
Hi,
Yes, A40s and M30 are almost identical but please do not follow those instructions.
Unlock and root and TWRP are not the same, will need specific builds.
Hello, thank you for your answer.
What do you advise me to do? Because I'm really going to remove all proprietary google services and tools, and use only open-source, currently all my installed applications for my daily use are from F-Droid, but it's not easy to remove google applications and services, so I want to have Lineage OS on my Galaxy A40s.
- Do I have to wait for a Rom to be made for my model ? checking from time to time the topics here and the Official Lineage website ?
- who should I contact to talk to him about it? apparently you are a Galaxy m30 maintainer.
I wish you an excellent day

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Znovice

Oct 24, 2021
Hello again,
I inform you that :
- I have unlocked the bios. ( and it is still the case now, I have a message at startup that informs me)
- but could not install TWRP recovery, trying to do so I blocked my phone for several days and then I was able to repair it I think by flashing the recovery and the Samsung stock rom.

For the moment I'm waiting and searching on the forums.

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Hello again,
I inform you that :
- I have unlocked the bios. ( and it is still the case now, I have a message at startup that informs me)
- but could not install TWRP recovery, trying to do so I blocked my phone for several days and then I was able to repair it I think by flashing the recovery and the Samsung stock rom.

For the moment I'm waiting and searching on the forums.
Hi, I can offer you help on Telegram. Check your private message here on XDA, I have sent my telegram id.