Question Is the Samsung Galaxy S21 now the greatest camera phone on the market?

Search This thread

bisky24

Jan 13, 2022
Hello there, everyone! I'm in the market for a new phone, and I currently own a Google Pixel 2. When it comes to phones, photo quality is a significant priority for me, therefore I'm wondering if the Samsung Galaxy S21 is the best option for the camera, or if the Google Pixel 6 or perhaps a different phone altogether would be better. Is the Samsung Galaxy S21, in general, the greatest phone on the market right now?

https://router-address.uno/

Last edited:
Hello there, everyone! I'm in the market for a new phone, and I currently own a Google Pixel 2. When it comes to phones, photo quality is a significant priority for me, therefore I'm wondering if the Samsung Galaxy S21 is the best option for the camera, or if the Google Pixel 6 or perhaps a different phone altogether would be better. Is the Samsung Galaxy S21, in general, the greatest phone on the market right now?
If you're talking about stills alone, the S21 ultra is easily in the top 5 phones in the market, possibly top two, depending on your visual preference. As far as lens array versatility is concerned, it's probably the best.

However if by camera you mean video as well, then the iPhone still takes the crown overall. Of course this is personal opinion (and it pains me to admit this), but I've used both and if I had to choose one phone based on camera package alone, I'd go for the iPhone 13 Pro/ Max.

Reactions: burnxtc

burnxtc

Jan 7, 2012
If you're talking about stills alone, the S21 ultra is easily in the top 5 phones in the market, possibly top two, depending on your visual preference. As far as lens array versatility is concerned, it's probably the best.

However if by camera you mean video as well, then the iPhone still takes the crown overall. Of course this is personal opinion (and it pains me to admit this), but I've used both and if I had to choose one phone based on camera package alone, I'd go for the iPhone 13 Pro/ Max.
Agreed. I'd also say that the iPhone has the edge for "on the fly" whip it out & shoot. The s21 Ultra requires a few extra seconds to frame, focus and iris. I haven't tried a camera app outside of stock and I can only see this getting better with better software.

That said, camera was huge to me when I got my s21 Ultra at the end of last month. I am very happy and I believe this phone is currently as close as Android will get to the camera quality of the iPhone. Something tells me we'll always be playing catch-up in this department but hey, what can you do. I'll never own an iPhone. I will deal.

Zainullahk1234

Oct 26, 2021
Lenovo Phab 2
Samsung Galaxy A30s
for android the pixel 6 pro is the best (pixel 6 too)
lol the s21 ultra is not as good as the iphone 13 pro max calling it the greatest camera is wrong

tfn

May 31, 2010
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The S21U has the Hardware and the Versatility of different lenses and the Zoom range which makes it a Great Buy.
It definitely has a Very Good Camera system and its up there among the Top Phones.
It definitely needs software improvements to really make use of the Hardware.
So In the Grand scheme of things Overall for an Android Phone its the Best Out there.

Also Do note that the S21U uses WYSIWYG ( what you see is what you get) technology for the camera so you know how your photo will look before you take it.

The Pixels do the Processing later after you have taken the photo. So the Photo looks better after the processing although it will look crap while taking it.

Reactions: Dizzyrul3z

DS1000RR

Sep 27, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I like to point and shoot....HDR is a bit wild in the sun....can't fault it for easy use....

Attachments

• 20220114_124044.jpg
    20220114_124044.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
S21 ULTRA is the best. Period. iPhones may have an edge in some areas but the s21U still beats it. You just cant fight with the ZOOM cameras, they are super useful! And again, Android is just better than IOS, unless you are a girl or a guy who does not care about anything deeper than basic App use.

Alas, YES, the default camera app does NOT record great video, iPhone certainly beats it out of your pocket. However, if you install Filmic PRO on your S21U and set a profile properly, the quality is out of this world, slashes the iPhone.

By setting up Filmic properly, I mean to put it in 4K, Filmic Quality, 30 FPS, OIS, Sharpness to DISABLED, and Noise removal to FAST or HIGH QUALITY. Try it, it is worth it.

Last edited:
S21 ULTRA is the best. Period. iPhones may have an edge in some areas but the s21U still beats it. You just cant fight with the ZOOM cameras, they are super useful! And again, Android is just better than IOS, unless you are a girl or a guy who does not care about anything deeper than basic App use.

Alas, YES, the default camera app does NOT record great video, iPhone certainly beats it out of your pocket. However, if you install Filmic PRO on your S21U and set a profile properly, the quality is out of this world, slashes the iPhone.

By setting up Filmic properly, I mean to put it in 4K, Filmic Quality, 30 FPS, OIS, Sharpness to DISABLED, and Noise removal to FAST or HIGH QUALITY. Try it, it is worth it.
Hadn't heard of that app before. Went to play store to download it but skeptical due to the poor reviews (3.4 star rated)

I filtered reviews by device and the S21 Ultra user reviews are terrible, mostly 1 star.

It costs a pretty penny too, so I decided not to go for it unless I get more confirmed testimonials from other users.

tndave88

Aug 15, 2020
I can't stand Apple but I have loved their camera for a long time, I used to think it was better until I started using Gcam on the S21 Ultra. I like it way more now, the stock Samsung camera apps have always left so much to be desired. You have this amazing piece of hardware, but a clunky, under optioned, restrictive camera app. Never made any sense to me. I guess since I come from a full frame, I'm always left wanting more customization. Gcam has been great so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The S21U has the Hardware and the Versatility of different lenses and the Zoom range which makes it a Great Buy.
    It definitely has a Very Good Camera system and its up there among the Top Phones.
    It definitely needs software improvements to really make use of the Hardware.
    So In the Grand scheme of things Overall for an Android Phone its the Best Out there.

Also Do note that the S21U uses WYSIWYG ( what you see is what you get) technology for the camera so you know how your photo will look before you take it.

The Pixels do the Processing later after you have taken the photo. So the Photo looks better after the processing although it will look crap while taking it.
    I took this just random plane was according to flight radar at 30000 ft. Took a few shots to get
    20210911_181143.jpg