Question Is the SM-A125U different?

Search This thread

robles4242

Sep 19, 2014
Is my A12 (a125u) different and unable to be bl unlocked/rooted, etc? It has OEM unlock in dev options....?

nkdespresso

May 28, 2021
Did you figure this out? Looking to do the same... Also can't find a firmware for it, please share what you did if you had success. Thanks!

poog

May 23, 2010
Is my A12 (a125u) different and unable to be bl unlocked/rooted, etc? It has OEM unlock in dev options..?

Yes, the A125U has OEM UNLOCK in the developer options......you can turn that ON by going into : settings > about phone > software information ...and then tap BUILD NUMBER several times until you see that you have enabled "developer options". Then you go into developer options and turn on OEM UNLOCKING.

Before updating firmware recently OEM UNLOCKING was greyed out. But now I can switch it on. Now the question is, can this variant be properly bootloader unlocked and rooted. The known repository for downloadable firmwares for Samsung phones DOES NOT seem to have this variant firmware for download. And I wonder if that is required for this to be properly rooted.

berk.david

Apr 6, 2010
anyone know the interchangeability of the firmware between the a125u and other versions
I'd like to know this too. I believe the internal are all the same for the MediaTek devices. I got a SM-A125F for free and want to use it in the US. It looks like I could if I can convert it to SM-A125U or MS-A125M. I already bricked it once trying to flash U firmware and has to flash back to F

exnfox

Jan 19, 2011
i was able to root this sm-a125u very easily... downloaded A125WVLS3AUL1 firmware (canadian unlocked) flash the full stock rom and was able to unlock bootloader as simple as holding down all buttons when going into download mode, it unlocked it that way and was able to flash twrp, magisk and its all good

Reactions: sirrooke

jkb509

Feb 22, 2023
I have a similar issue but vice versa. I bought a US version (SM-A125U1) only to find out months after that the dual sim option is locked and i think the only way to unlock it is changing the firmware. Now I need help to know what I can do to, please.

sirrooke

Mar 28, 2007
i was able to root this sm-a125u very easily... downloaded A125WVLS3AUL1 firmware (canadian unlocked) flash the full stock rom and was able to unlock bootloader as simple as holding down all buttons when going into download mode, it unlocked it that way and was able to flash twrp, magisk and its all good
Thanks for the info.
-Was there an "OEM UNLOCK" option in the Developer's Options?
-What did you do in DOWNLOAD mode to unlock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy firmware has the firmware for this variant. I have the att version and I can't seem to unlock the bootloader. Holding volume up in the download screen does nothing. Any luck?
    anyone know the interchangeability of the firmware between the a125u and other versions
    Thanks for the info.
    -Was there an "OEM UNLOCK" option in the Developer's Options?
    -What did you do in DOWNLOAD mode to unlock?
    Yes it was in the developer settings to oem unlock... then download said volume up continue. voilume up long press device unlock mode, volume down cancel
    i already flash u4 w version , very easy