Is the v10 a great phone with Support

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
I've recently discovered the v10 and have to say I'm impressed with the phones specs, price, and overall look. On paper it looks like a great package, but I'm no fool. To buy a phone based solely on specs is idiotic. The phone also has to have great software/support to make it a great investment.

I've been doing my research because I really want to buy this phone. Seems like people(mainly in India because different update stream) are facing a lot of bugs mainly with battery discharge and fast charge. The honor community forum is full of complaints and the only responses to user posts are scripted from honor with useless information to divert the issue.

Im looking to buy the uk 6/128 variant of the v10. Does Honor support their phones well in the UK with fairly frequent updates for bugs and features.Im coming from Oneplus where updates are compatible globally.

If I buy this phone. Do you think It will perform well for two years. Will Honor stick to their commitment of support for 24 months.

Thanks

manus31

May 7, 2016
I have the uk variant, specs are good currently having issue with audio codes and zero eis, which angers me I'm looking for an op5t to replace currently

I think it maight be worth waiting for the op6 before making any decisions.Ive had the op3 for two years now,great phone but would like a change.

Been hearing a lot about the shaky camera on the v10.They may never fix that because they dont want to give the v10 everything the mate 10 has.

I will probably hold out another few months to see what firmware ipdates come to the v10.Otherwise I will go either op6 or mi mix 2s

Reactions: wallah

MuttsNL

Jan 22, 2018
Depends where you live.
I got a View 10 wich is a great phone for it's value, but still sec update last is November.
Bu German,French and Spanish users are up to date. Phones phones bought in Germany do have the latest security updates straight out of the box.
I was told even UK has updates. I live in Holland and Honor has no precence atm so support goes thru Huawei and they mainly support ( although poorly too) there own brand.
So while the phone is good, supporet might be lacking depending on where you live.

Reactions: manus31

varignet

Dec 25, 2011
I live in the Uk and am this close from purchasing a honor view 10, are UK phones updates as regularly as other European countries?

I've been stung by motorola once.

Also regarding EIS is it available on 1080p videos? I read somewhere it's just 4k recording which is lacking.

p.s.
what camera issues are you facing?

Last edited:
Reactions: manus31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've recently discovered the v10 and have to say I'm impressed with the phones specs, price, and overall look. On paper it looks like a great package, but I'm no fool. To buy a phone based solely on specs is idiotic. The phone also has to have great software/support to make it a great investment.

I've been doing my research because I really want to buy this phone. Seems like people(mainly in India because different update stream) are facing a lot of bugs mainly with battery discharge and fast charge. The honor community forum is full of complaints and the only responses to user posts are scripted from honor with useless information to divert the issue.

Im looking to buy the uk 6/128 variant of the v10. Does Honor support their phones well in the UK with fairly frequent updates for bugs and features.Im coming from Oneplus where updates are compatible globally.

If I buy this phone. Do you think It will perform well for two years. Will Honor stick to their commitment of support for 24 months.

Thanks
    I have the uk variant, specs are good currently having issue with audio codes and zero eis, which angers me I'm looking for an op5t to replace currently

I think it maight be worth waiting for the op6 before making any decisions.Ive had the op3 for two years now,great phone but would like a change.

Been hearing a lot about the shaky camera on the v10.They may never fix that because they dont want to give the v10 everything the mate 10 has.

I will probably hold out another few months to see what firmware ipdates come to the v10.Otherwise I will go either op6 or mi mix 2s
    Depends where you live.
    I got a View 10 wich is a great phone for it's value, but still sec update last is November.
    Bu German,French and Spanish users are up to date. Phones phones bought in Germany do have the latest security updates straight out of the box.
    I was told even UK has updates. I live in Holland and Honor has no precence atm so support goes thru Huawei and they mainly support ( although poorly too) there own brand.
    So while the phone is good, supporet might be lacking depending on where you live.
    I live in the Uk and am this close from purchasing a honor view 10, are UK phones updates as regularly as other European countries?

I've been stung by motorola once.

Also regarding EIS is it available on 1080p videos? I read somewhere it's just 4k recording which is lacking.

p.s.
    what camera issues are you facing?