Question Is the x90 pro+ unlock realistically difficult?

Search This thread

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
I'm pretty sure we won't see any rooting / bootloader unlock on Vivo X90 anytime. Internationally the X90 and X90 pro will not sell at all, due to being overpriced like crazy. And in China other phones seem to be selling much better too. The x90 pro+ will be rather exotic - Vivo mainly sells cheap stuff in China. Samsung, Apple, Oppo and Xiaomi are the main brands for flagships in China.

Reactions: djshotty

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
I'm pretty sure we won't see any rooting / bootloader unlock on Vivo X90 anytime. Internationally the X90 and X90 pro will not sell at all, due to being overpriced like crazy. And in China other phones seem to be selling much better too. The x90 pro+ will be rather exotic - Vivo mainly sells cheap stuff in China. Samsung, Apple, Oppo and Xiaomi are the main brands for flagships in China.
Yes, but their hardware is superior to most others. All they need is a decent OS and they'll blow Samsung away.

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
But currently vivo has amongst the worst and unreliable OS which exists. Even rooting won't solve this as on a custom ROM camera won't work well.
Google and Apple demonstrate that mid level hardware with good software beats best hardware...

Samsung Galaxy ultra are hardware wise usually also top of the game (so far they just suffered from the Samsung node processors).

And Samsung has a reliable update policy, while vivo after 2 years already goes haywire with infrequent updates on flagships

Reactions: djshotty

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
But currently vivo has amongst the worst and unreliable OS which exists. Even rooting won't solve this as on a custom ROM camera won't work well.
Google and Apple demonstrate that mid level hardware with good software beats best hardware...

Samsung Galaxy ultra are hardware wise usually also top of the game (so far they just suffered from the Samsung node processors).

And Samsung has a reliable update policy, while vivo after 2 years already goes haywire with infrequent updates on flagships
Agreed. Thing is, rooting can effectively rewrite the included OS by giving the user the ability to remove certain things and alter others.

Last edited:

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
What exactly can't you do with adb that will improve reliability of notifications or get google fully working? I don't think there is something. Also you need to lock again for banking apps

D

Deleted member 11872899

What exactly can't you do with adb that will improve reliability of notifications or get google fully working? I don't think there is something. Also you need to lock again for banking apps
Nope banking apps works great with unlocked bootloader. Did that an all my 30+ phones i had until I got this vivo.

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
Nope banking apps works great with unlocked bootloader. Did that an all my 30+ phones i had until I got this vivo.
I meant rooting. Unlocked bootloader would maybe allow to switch to funtouch, however this didn't fully work on previous vivo x devices when unlocking bootloader worked due to a bug.
Switching to lineage os or similar and you can forget about the camera.

Rooting on the other hand cause problems with banking apps, and will not help to get full google services or stability bugs removed. you can usually undo the root for them to work or hide it. But besides being able to for example check if update level actually corresponds with announced update levels you can basically do all this with adb too.

D

Deleted member 11872899

I meant rooting. Unlocked bootloader would maybe allow to switch to funtouch, however this didn't fully work on previous vivo x devices when unlocking bootloader worked due to a bug.
Switching to lineage os or similar and you can forget about the camera.

Rooting on the other hand cause problems with banking apps, and will not help to get full google services or stability bugs removed. you can usually undo the root for them to work or hide it. But besides being able to for example check if update level actually corresponds with announced update levels you can basically do all this with adb too.
Rooting and bank apps isn't a problem at all. You just need to do some workarounds and it's absolutely fine.

The worst part is the stock camera.

I could imagine you could maybe implement Google apps with magisk since there are some magisk modules for that. I have never tried that and i don't know it's really working or not.

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
Unless Pervokur pulls another one of his magic tricks bootloader unlock will NOT be possible.
Besides that, converting your device from OriginOS to Funtouch bares a huge brick risk and certain things are not working on the x70 pro+.
I don't own device with origin os, also I'm too lazy to dig my fun touch phone farther (lol, I didn't even try to manipulate device with AT commands [atcid_factory and others binaries]. Since people can install com.vivo.vtool then you can try to dig firmware with uid1000. First step is to analyze all *.rc scripts and what can you do with setprop.

Wipples

Jan 3, 2020
So i have the x90 pro plus. ordered from shenzhen.

It was already in develeoper mode when i recieved it. I downlaoded the chinese 2.3 version of the vivo usb driver and i ma able to use UAD without any problems. Havent tried to flash a new OS onto it yet. Still considering if it is worth it, since it is a company phone

Alessandro170

Jun 27, 2015

From my point of view Samsung is crap beyond belief.
I have a Vivo x 80 pro now and I am very happy with it.
It came with Funtouch and I have absolutely no reason to complain.
With Xiaomi 11 Ultra I was also quite satisfied. I bought it from China, unlocked it and installed the EU ROM

grizzly789

Feb 23, 2023
is already possible unlock bootloader on phone X90 pro plus? and install there international funtouch OS ,with all supported languages? i plan to buy pro plus and want to know if its possible already, thnxs

peterpan789

Feb 23, 2023
Why would you want Funtouch OS?
why why? what do You think why? maybe he want to have support his own languange location/language which is not present in chinese origin os rom.. or he want to have all fully functional google apps support and google playstore and also for example to have fully functional android auto ..or simply bcs You dont want to have there all annoying chinese bloatware and annoying disgusting advertisment.. ..and i should be continue, etc. etc etc. why much more prefer funtouch os -there we can always find many reasons why .. moreover funtouch os i suppouse is way much better for non chinese users ,specially for europeans users thats why me also waiting for possibility unlocking bootloader by X90 pro+ to have there fully functional funtouch instead origin os (same like doing xiaomi-thats the way for users, how easy there to unlock bootoader and install different rom)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is the only reason i'm thinking of ditching it for s23 ultra, i'm so jealous of my wife's s23 ultra battery life compared to my x90 pro+, is a huge difference when it shouldn't be considering a 300mah difference.
    In most other aspects vivo is better but when the battery life difference is so big I start not caring about having a better camera or a better fingerprint sensor .
    S23 ultra has about 40% more battery life, when I bought vivo with 300mah smaller battery i expected max 5% worse battery life. Is crazy it loses about 10% per night compared to 2-3% of samsung.
    I don't know what's going on with your device, but even though I've deleted most of the Chinese apps and the dreaded "pem", I'm losing just 2% overnight, couldn't be happier with the phone including the battery life...
    Unless Pervokur pulls another one of his magic tricks bootloader unlock will NOT be possible.
    Besides that, converting your device from OriginOS to Funtouch bares a huge brick risk and certain things are not working on the x70 pro+.
    I don't own device with origin os, also I'm too lazy to dig my fun touch phone farther (lol, I didn't even try to manipulate device with AT commands [atcid_factory and others binaries]. Since people can install com.vivo.vtool then you can try to dig firmware with uid1000. First step is to analyze all *.rc scripts and what can you do with setprop.
    I haven't done any debloat. Just I desinstalled Chinese apps manually. I remove all authorisations of system app to connect to internet. I use a black screen, I don't use fingerprint sensor (never used this with other phones, I don't care, 4 digit code works great), I use 60hz and minimal resolution proposed in the parameters. I use smart launcher 6.
    With all that, after a journey using 3h GPS, 25 minutes of Skype, 1h youtube my phone has more than 50%.
    I lose between 0% and 1% every night.

The fact is if you use all features of a phone, it is just normal you don't have a good battery life.
    On the S23, it will be the same.

I am very happy with this phone the x90pp, it is the best battery I have ever had on a modern smartphone. When I use it, I always have battery to do what I want.
    Would it be possible to flash gapps without unlock?
    I am really thinking about buying the Chinese version. I will keep the original os (no root) but I would need at least to install gapps. Possible?
    Yes . You can install gapps without root .
    Have you purchased it? I am also considering buying it from China. Need unlock, root and lineage on it