Question Is the x90 pro+ unlock realistically difficult?

Search This thread

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
There will be no bootloader unlock unless someone invests time to find an exploit. And that exploit is probably worth a lot of money, so even if it is discovered you wont see much of it.

Other than that: There is no international FunTouch x90p+ model, so there will NEVER be a possibility of flashing funtouch on your phone even if it was possible to unlock the BL.

Reactions: Find791

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
There will be no bootloader unlock unless someone invests time to find an exploit. And that exploit is probably worth a lot of money, so even if it is discovered you wont see much of it.

Other than that: There is no international FunTouch x90p+ model, so there will NEVER be a possibility of flashing funtouch on your phone even if it was possible to unlock the BL.
Vivo Taiwan told many people that an x90 pro+ release around early summer is likely. Not sure if it will actually come and even if, maybe they will just sell the China OS version. The x90 pro sells like not at all here. Some shops already give 25% discount selling off stock from X90 and X90 pro just 1 month after release... Most people who really want an x90 just import the pro+ cheaply from China. Who would buy an x90 for the same price you can get the China OS X90 pro+?

I kinda doubt they will release a funtouch version though. Essentially vivo is only having relevant sales in India and China. So only if Indian market has strong demand this will happen (but India is mainly low budget vivo phones). Unfounded guess by me is that over 90% of all Vivo phones are sold in China and India... The rest of the world doesn't matter much to them (but yeah I don't see how they will ever gain customers with their pricing/release strategy outside of those two markets).

luontokoodaus

Jan 8, 2019
why why? what do You think why? maybe he want to have support his own languange location/language which is not present in chinese origin os rom.. or he want to have all fully functional google apps support and google playstore and also for example to have fully functional android auto ..or simply bcs You dont want to have there all annoying chinese bloatware and annoying disgusting advertisment.. ..and i should be continue, etc. etc etc. why much more prefer funtouch os -there we can always find many reasons why .. moreover funtouch os i suppouse is way much better for non chinese users ,specially for europeans users thats why me also waiting for possibility unlocking bootloader by X90 pro+ to have there fully functional funtouch instead origin os (same like doing xiaomi-thats the way for users, how easy there to unlock bootoader and install different rom)
So run the bloatware removal script I made and remove those Chinese apps.

The OriginOS supports basically every major language I can think of. You really think Funtouch is going to do better?

What proof you have that FuntouchOS is better for non Chinese users? All of us using OriginOS are basically not having any problems.

You want to root the phone, remove a perfectly working OS just to install another "just because"? and then lose device security and play store integrity and banking and payment apps etc? Not very smart. Definitely doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

peterpan789

Feb 23, 2023
So run the bloatware removal script I made and remove those Chinese apps.

The OriginOS supports basically every major language I can think of. You really think Funtouch is going to do better?

What proof you have that FuntouchOS is better for non Chinese users? All of us using OriginOS are basically not having any problems.

You want to root the phone, remove a perfectly working OS just to install another "just because"? and then lose device security and play store integrity and banking and payment apps etc? Not very smart. Definitely doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Look at the xiaomi and miui eu community.. they doing it already several years without any problem, You can unlock bootloader and install this popular rom or whatever rom You want to have there.. thats real freedom for users.. why not able to do that for example vivo or oppo? why they year after year so strictly in that and not give a users freedom and put there what they want to have there? why that misunderstandable way?

Reactions: extremecarver

luontokoodaus

Jan 8, 2019
Look at the xiaomi and miui eu community.. they doing it already several years without any problem, You can unlock bootloader and install this popular rom or whatever rom You want to have there.. thats real freedom for users.. why not able to do that for example vivo or oppo? why they year after year so strictly in that and not give a users freedom and put there what they want to have there? why that misunderstandable way?
The Xiaomi community is the Xiaomi community. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Reactions: RagnarsGarage

Find791

Apr 8, 2014
Still nothing? The battery is still not very impressive compared to Samsung devices. There are a lot of Chinese servers which are connecting every 3 seconds, maybe the reason why the device drains so much battery 😢

wolfgang212

Jan 11, 2023
Still nothing? The battery is still not very impressive compared to Samsung devices. There are a lot of Chinese servers which are connecting every 3 seconds, maybe the reason why the device drains so much battery 😢
is the only reason i'm thinking of ditching it for s23 ultra, i'm so jealous of my wife's s23 ultra battery life compared to my x90 pro+, is a huge difference when it shouldn't be considering a 300mah difference.
In most other aspects vivo is better but when the battery life difference is so big I start not caring about having a better camera or a better fingerprint sensor .
S23 ultra has about 40% more battery life, when I bought vivo with 300mah smaller battery i expected max 5% worse battery life. Is crazy it loses about 10% per night compared to 2-3% of samsung.

D

Deleted member 11140537

is the only reason i'm thinking of ditching it for s23 ultra, i'm so jealous of my wife's s23 ultra battery life compared to my x90 pro+, is a huge difference when it shouldn't be considering a 300mah difference.
In most other aspects vivo is better but when the battery life difference is so big I start not caring about having a better camera or a better fingerprint sensor .
S23 ultra has about 40% more battery life, when I bought vivo with 300mah smaller battery i expected max 5% worse battery life. Is crazy it loses about 10% per night compared to 2-3% of samsung.

Then the time she takes to charge the phone you can use yours ;)

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
The s23U you can plug in in the evening, and take off in the morning. The x90 series doesn't even support intelligent charging and goes full speed to 100% all the time so in future the difference will be even bigger as the battery will degrade much quicker.
Doesn't matter anyhow as vivo clearly designs everything about their phones to be usable only 2 to max 2.5 years then it's rubbish bin....

You likely cannot get a genuine battery replacement either outside China for the x90 pro plus after 2 years when that battery will be below 80% nor fix the no software updates with another ROM.. and should you be able to unlock bootloader, who says that the fingerprint sensor still works, was broken after unlock before on other vivo phones already...

• Haha
Reactions: jericho246

wolfgang212

Jan 11, 2023
The s23U you can plug in in the evening, and take off in the morning. The x90 series doesn't even support intelligent charging and goes full speed to 100% all the time so in future the difference will be even bigger as the battery will degrade much quicker.
Doesn't matter anyhow as vivo clearly designs everything about their phones to be usable only 2 to max 2.5 years then it's rubbish bin....

You likely cannot get a genuine battery replacement either outside China for the x90 pro plus after 2 years when that battery will be below 80% nor fix the no software updates with another ROM.. and should you be able to unlock bootloader, who says that the fingerprint sensor still works, was broken after unlock before on other vivo phones already...
you took the words out of my mouth.
at 1st i was mad vivo didin't had a limiter to 80% then realized if i charge only 80% i risk remaining without battery by the end of the day
i can charge samsung anytime to 80% only and it will easily give me a full day of usage and battery life will degrade twice as slow for not charging it fully.
Also I just bought a car with android auto much sooner that I expected so lack of android auto bugs me too now .
Is already on sale now but I don't think i can get more than 600E for it being a no-name here.
I'm so mad huawei got screwed, it was the perfect phone for me when it had kirin and google services, now the only viable android option to me remains samsung.

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
you took the words out of my mouth.
at 1st i was mad vivo didin't had a limiter to 80% then realized if i charge only 80% i risk remaining without battery by the end of the day
i can charge samsung anytime to 80% only and it will easily give me a full day of usage and battery life will degrade twice as slow for not charging it fully.
Also I just bought a car with android auto much sooner that I expected so lack of android auto bugs me too now .
Is already on sale now but I don't think i can get more than 600E for it being a no-name here.
I'm so mad huawei got screwed, it was the perfect phone for me when it had kirin and google services, now the only viable android option to me remains samsung.
Not sure how about S23U, but my S22U is now very stable in terms of battery life and performance, but the camera is still not having any outstanding updates. However, what I like in X90P+ is. it's light weight, and easier to hold in my hand even with just 1 hand. With S22U. I found it's too bulky and heavy for me with tons of feature I never use or rarely use like Dex, Spen, AOD, and even x10 zoom. The screen in S22U is a bit dull compared to X90P+. And you know what. S23U screen is way worse than S22U (you can search youtube or S23U forum on XDA to know more why), let alone X90P+. The speaker and vibration motor are also worse on the S22U. Same thing in the S23U.

But I understand your points, I'm also not satisfied with the battery of the X90P+, and still waiting for any fixes or updates in the future. If not, then for sure this will be my first and also last vivo. Cannot stand a flagship phone with bad battery like this.

wolfgang212

Jan 11, 2023
Not sure how about S23U, but my S22U is now very stable in terms of battery life and performance, but the camera is still not having any outstanding updates. However, what I like in X90P+ is. it's light weight, and easier to hold in my hand even with just 1 hand. With S22U. I found it's too bulky and heavy for me with tons of feature I never use or rarely use like Dex, Spen, AOD, and even x10 zoom. The screen in S22U is a bit dull compared to X90P+. And you know what. S23U screen is way worse than S22U (you can search youtube or S23U forum on XDA to know more why), let alone X90P+. The speaker and vibration motor are also worse on the S22U. Same thing in the S23U.

But I understand your points, I'm also not satisfied with the battery of the X90P+, and still waiting for any fixes or updates in the future. If not, then for sure this will be my first and also last vivo. Cannot stand a flagship phone with bad battery like this.
i spent 30 mins with s23 ultra, nope, i can't. Camera is annoying and vivo has so much more details in lower light.
Face unlock works so much better on vivo and has a wider angle of view. Fingerprint biggerr and better.
I guess i just have close my eyes to bad battery for awhile.
I want to see what p60 pro has to offer.
Looking at gsmarena battery tests , mate 50 with ****ty snapdragon gen 1 and same battery did a way better job in battery drain tests yet vivo can't even beat that with snapdragon gen 2, i really don't know how they could fked up so badly this phone's battery.

mkovnet

Apr 13, 2021
I don't know what's going on with your device, but even though I've deleted most of the Chinese apps and the dreaded "pem", I'm losing just 2% overnight, couldn't be happier with the phone including the battery life...

D

Deleted member 11872899

I don't know what's going on with your device, but even though I've deleted most of the Chinese apps and the dreaded "pem", I'm losing just 2% overnight, couldn't be happier with the phone including the battery life...
Yep I can confirm that. The battery life of this phone is amazing. Dunno why it's that bad for some users.

Reactions: cozzysa

fabjazz

I haven't done any debloat. Just I desinstalled Chinese apps manually. I remove all authorisations of system app to connect to internet. I use a black screen, I don't use fingerprint sensor (never used this with other phones, I don't care, 4 digit code works great), I use 60hz and minimal resolution proposed in the parameters. I use smart launcher 6.
With all that, after a journey using 3h GPS, 25 minutes of Skype, 1h youtube my phone has more than 50%.
I lose between 0% and 1% every night.

The fact is if you use all features of a phone, it is just normal you don't have a good battery life.
On the S23, it will be the same.

I am very happy with this phone the x90pp, it is the best battery I have ever had on a modern smartphone. When I use it, I always have battery to do what I want.

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
Weird, did you turn on Plane mode or not? With plane mode on, I can achieve that 2% per 6 hour night. However, with no plane mode, not wifi, no data, just mobile signal on, it drops around 8% per 6 hour night.

mkovnet

Apr 13, 2021
Weird, did you turn on Plane mode or not? With plane mode on, I can achieve that 2% per 6 hour night. However, with no plane mode, not wifi, no data, just mobile signal on, it drops around 8% per 6 hour night.
Hi... No, I just turn off data and that's it. I only got the device a few days ago too, so expecting the battery to only get better, as it goes through the cycles.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unless Pervokur pulls another one of his magic tricks bootloader unlock will NOT be possible.
    Besides that, converting your device from OriginOS to Funtouch bares a huge brick risk and certain things are not working on the x70 pro+.
    I don't own device with origin os, also I'm too lazy to dig my fun touch phone farther (lol, I didn't even try to manipulate device with AT commands [atcid_factory and others binaries]. Since people can install com.vivo.vtool then you can try to dig firmware with uid1000. First step is to analyze all *.rc scripts and what can you do with setprop.
    I haven't done any debloat. Just I desinstalled Chinese apps manually. I remove all authorisations of system app to connect to internet. I use a black screen, I don't use fingerprint sensor (never used this with other phones, I don't care, 4 digit code works great), I use 60hz and minimal resolution proposed in the parameters. I use smart launcher 6.
    With all that, after a journey using 3h GPS, 25 minutes of Skype, 1h youtube my phone has more than 50%.
    I lose between 0% and 1% every night.

The fact is if you use all features of a phone, it is just normal you don't have a good battery life.
    On the S23, it will be the same.

I am very happy with this phone the x90pp, it is the best battery I have ever had on a modern smartphone. When I use it, I always have battery to do what I want.
    Would it be possible to flash gapps without unlock?
    I am really thinking about buying the Chinese version. I will keep the original os (no root) but I would need at least to install gapps. Possible?
    Yes . You can install gapps without root .
    Have you purchased it? I am also considering buying it from China. Need unlock, root and lineage on it