Question is there a concise guide to rooting android 12?

Search This thread

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm not sure what changed, but I know what I used to do doesn't work anymore.

Either boot TWRP, flash TWRP from in TWRP, then reboot and flash magisk.

then, after an update, i'd go to magisk manager, install it, and reboot.

when that would mess up, i'd get the boot.img and patch it from the manager, then put it on my computer and go through the flashing process there (assuming there was no TWRP anymore)

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm not sure what changed, but I know what I used to do doesn't work anymore.

Either boot TWRP, flash TWRP from in TWRP, then reboot and flash magisk.

then, after an update, i'd go to magisk manager, install it, and reboot.

when that would mess up, i'd get the boot.img and patch it from the manager, then put it on my computer and go through the flashing process there (assuming there was no TWRP anymore)
Need boot.img, vendor_boot.img and vbmeta if you want to use stable magisk. For me it worked fine on C39

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
i used payload dumper to extract the images (boot, vendor_boot and vbmeta). i try to patch them in manager and it just gives me an error. am i out of luck?

i hope this image counts as evidence that i'm actually trying to figure this out rather than get spoon fed
1639925194464.png

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro
i used payload dumper to extract the images (boot, vendor_boot and vbmeta). i try to patch them in manager and it just gives me an error. am i out of luck?

i hope this image counts as evidence that i'm actually trying to figure this out rather than get spoon fed
View attachment 5486735
Have send you non patched files, try again. Dont patch vbmeta

Reactions: aNGERY

Atul Menon

Mar 1, 2019
Kerala
OnePlus 9 Pro

View attachment 5486735
dude these wont, work. you can get files without msm rollback from incremental zip

Reactions: aNGERY

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
i have moto g stylus 5g 2021 and i have the same problem i cant root android 12 gsi.
ive patched my boot.img with canary, alpha 230016 , pretty much all latest magisk.
tried fastboot boot magisk.img .
still sends me to fastboot screen.

on gsi november 2021 patch
no twrp yet so magisk patch is our only option or is it? anyone figured a way to get around android 12 boot check..?
vbmeta disable verity no longer works on beta 4 and up.

i appreciate any feedback...thanks

what saddens me is i was able to root beta 1,2 and three but all were unstable and could not fix all issues
now this gsi 12 can be my daily driver i cant root it.. touche..lol

Last edited:

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
i have moto g stylus 5g 2021 and i have the same problem i cant root android 12 gsi.
ive patched my boot.img with canary, alpha 230016 , pretty much all latest magisk.
tried fastboot boot magisk.img .
still sends me to fastboot screen.

on gsi november 2021 patch
no twrp yet so magisk patch is our only option or is it? anyone figured a way to get around android 12 boot check..?
vbmeta disable verity no longer works on beta 4 and up.

i appreciate any feedback...thanks

what saddens me is i was able to root beta 1,2 and three but all were unstable and could not fix all issues
now this gsi 12 can be my daily driver i cant root it.. touche..lol
Okay thanks to a fellow xda'er
when flashing never use fastboot delete product_a....blahblah...
use an image (product.img) that resizes and lets one flash..
fasttboot flash product product. img
rooted now thanks to all..

Top Liked Posts