• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is there a PlayStation 2 emulator?

Search This thread

JavaJunkay

Apr 18, 2012
All I found was old threads of people telling how it's not possible to do, not even on the most powerful phone back in the day - Galaxy S.
Ok maybe not GS, but how about quad core Tegra 3/Exynos 4? I hope there already is one. I know FPSe emulates PS1, but I just found Tomb Raider Legend and since I have no console anymore, sold it, and PC is not as exciting next to my Nexus 7, I was thinking, why not N7?

aidanski

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Hardcore PC? Maybe in '05 it was considered "hardcore" in reality you can run it flawlessly on a dual core, as long as the GPU is adequate. Smart phones are a different story, but I expect with a Tegra 3 or alternative it would be possible to emulate a less intensive game at a feasible frame rate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Hardcore PC? Maybe in '05 it was considered "hardcore" in reality you can run it flawlessly on a dual core, as long as the GPU is adequate. Smart phones are a different story, but I expect with a Tegra 3 or alternative it would be possible to emulate a less intensive game at a feasible frame rate.

Try GT4 or Shadow of the collosus God of War 2 with dual core cpu and watch the dia show... Lol.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Technically speaking, he's right when he says a medium range pc should run it finefine (FYI, the ps2 version dropped to ~20FPS at times)... If it's native to the PC. However, it's running through an emulator, and that requires more power (I'm not going into the details, you can find enough info around the Internet, e.g. the pcsx2 forums).

Reactions: ohen2494

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you serious? Ps2 emulation needs a hardcore pc.. NO phone has so much power like a pc...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Technically speaking, he's right when he says a medium range pc should run it finefine (FYI, the ps2 version dropped to ~20FPS at times)... If it's native to the PC. However, it's running through an emulator, and that requires more power (I'm not going into the details, you can find enough info around the Internet, e.g. the pcsx2 forums).