Is there a rugged case?

chewyboy

Sep 10, 2008
Is there a real rugged case for the zenfone 2 yet? I like the otterbox defender but they do not even do any cases for asus phones so is there any alternative?

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
No no cover. I'm using one like that the amzer hybrid and it's actually pretty decent. Haven't dropped yet so don't know how effective it is. You might need to take an exact knife to the USB and 3.5mm holes though depending on what cables you use. That being said I ordered 2 lighter tpu cases on eBay yesterday. The case fits the phone like a glove though

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using XDA Free mobile app

damenc

Jul 31, 2015
There are generic china-made ones available but it doesn't look good imo. But they look tough.

Being the freak that I am, I always order three things when I get a new phone, first, Glass screen protector a must! second, silicone case for everyday use, third, rugged case for sporting and outdoors. I got this rugged case, for the price, it actually works quite good, good enough for drops. Not a fan of of the "kick-stand" but no choice in the matter. Fourth, I usually get a waterproof case but haven't been able to find one for this phone. I'm sure it will come out soon, nice thing to have when you're on the beach in Jamaica :)

Sammaul

Aug 16, 2014
Being the freak that I am, I always order three things when I get a new phone, first, Glass screen protector a must! second, silicone case for everyday use, third, rugged case for sporting and outdoors. I got this rugged case, for the price, it actually works quite good, good enough for drops. Not a fan of of the "kick-stand" but no choice in the matter. Fourth, I usually get a waterproof case but haven't been able to find one for this phone. I'm sure it will come out soon, nice thing to have when you're on the beach in Jamaica :)
I have one as well....the only thing I don't like about it is when taking it off, it wants to take the back with it. But yes, in conjunction with a tempered glass screen protector it does the job

damenc

Jul 31, 2015
Waterproof...

Anyone manage to find a waterproof case for this phone? not those generic bags ones, one that's actually made for this phone.

brokey

Mar 30, 2011
Melbourne
TUDIA Ultra Tough OMNIX Heavy Duty Protective Cover Case for ASUS ZenFone 2
I use that, bought on ebay. Very good.
I picked up this one on ebay...it is very similar to one that I have had on my Samsung S3 for the last 3 years and has done very well...dropped the S3 a few times and it never received any damage so am hoping that this case will protect this phone...

cheers

col

dogsfoot

Aug 20, 2014
I picked up this one on ebay...it is very similar to one that I have had on my Samsung S3 for the last 3 years and has done very well...dropped the S3 a few times and it never received any damage so am hoping that this case will protect this phone...

cheers

col
i use one of these and protects well from drops... performs better than I expected. Recommended.:good:

bollux78

Apr 23, 2009
I saw one Chinese manufacturer website that says that the galaxy note 5 waterproof case fits zenfone 2
m.made-in-china.com/product-772732375/Cheap-Waterproof-Diving-Case-for-Asus-Zenfone-2.html

Does someone know if it would really fit?