• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is there a tempered glass screen protector that works with the finger print scanner?

Search This thread

draexo

Anyone have any luck with getting a tempered glass screen protector that works with the fingerprint scanner?

I have read several threads about this. Some suggest adding same finger twice. Some suggest increasing sensitivity of the screen, and others suggest making sure you are up to date. None of this has worked for me. It is double disappointing for me as I have large thumbs and never could seem to get a thumb unlock to work until the 6. Once I added the screen protector, the phone can not recognize the finger print, even though I added it several times.

I purchased this one https://www.amazon.com/Milomdoi-Goo...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
It claims to work with finger print scanner. I followed their instructions, but no luck so far.

Last edited:

Tool Belt

Feb 5, 2011
Google Pixel 6
I have the SuperShieldz TmGlss, added thumb once, index finger 3 times. turned up sensitivity. Thumb rarely works, finger works as well as my outgoing Sammy S9, which is acceptable.

Reactions: draexo

NavySpark

Anyone have any luck with getting a tempered glass screen protector that works with the fingerprint scanner?

I have read several threads about this. Some suggest adding same finger twice. Some suggest increasing sensitivity of the screen, and others suggest making sure you are up to date. None of this has worked for me. It is double disappointing for me as I have large thumbs and never could seem to get a thumb unlock to work until the 6. Once I added the screen protector, the phone can not recognize the finger print, even though I added it several times.

I purchased this one https://www.amazon.com/Milomdoi-Goo...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
It claims to work with finger print scanner. I followed their instructions, but no luck so far.

I bought the same one, its too thick for sure. I picked up the one linked below (unfortunately out of stock now) and you could tell it was thinner and I been able to make the finger print scanner work but registering my thumb multiple times.

This is the glass I got to work with the sensor:
[3-Pack]-Mr.Shield Designed For... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097R75JP1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I purchased this if you'd like to try - https://amzn.to/2ZB7zpm

It's not tempered glass but works just fine with my fingerprint scanner. It comes with two protectors and I was able to install first time with no bubbles or imperfections.

I use my thumb and haven't had any issues.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
They upped their price now because of XDA/reddit lol.

I ordered it. Will report back if it works with FP scanner.

3dawg

Oct 22, 2010
I always put Brotect screen protectors on my devices so I'm confident that one will work with the fp scanner no problem.

I used it on 6T which had a notoriously bad sensor and I'm still using it to this day without issue.

Brotect "airglass". Mine will arrive in a day or two so I'll update here after I've applied it.

I just ordered the privacy version of this screen protector and can tell you that the fingerprint doesn't read. I'm not sure if it the screen protector itself or the tinted privacy aspect of it.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
They upped their price now because of XDA/reddit lol.

I ordered it. Will report back if it works with FP scanner.
wow, just got mine dropped off at my front porch. 12.99 to 16.99. and it was temporarily out of stock and now ships in two to three weeks.

edit: just replaced my previous one with this. Quite a bit better (but only paid $6 for three of the other one - no complaints). The camera hole is not too small as previous one and it covers just a tiny bit more of the sides of the screen and definitely more of the top and bottom. Works better with gestures.

Oleophobic coating is better than the cheaper ones I used. Feels great. A lot less smudging and fingerprints on this one.

Fingerprint works the same still. Guess it's the same thickness as the one I just trained.

Overall I can recommend this one.

The one I don't recommend is called
apiker 3 Pack

One funny part is that label when I unpacked the LϟK one.

PXL_20211101_183856447.jpg

Last edited:

anoukaimee

I purchased this if you'd like to try - https://amzn.to/2ZB7zpm

It's not tempered glass but works just fine with my fingerprint scanner. It comes with two protectors and I was able to install first time with no bubbles or imperfections.

I use my thumb and haven't had any issues.
That's a link to the Armorsuit for the 6 Pro and I'm not seeing it available in TPU for the P6 (at least in the USA); do you have a different link? That would totally be what I would buy (short of glass if one worked with the fingerprint), but doesn't seem to exist...

If you do have a link, pls provide. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Received my Zagg screen protector before any of the others. Installed. Finger print scanner works fine with Zagg screen protector and my Pixel 6.

Not excited about the Zagg case as it does not have much of a lip, but one battle at a time!
    I have the Zagg Invisible shield on mine and it works well with the fingerprint reader.
    Here is what I ordered:

I have the SuperShieldz TmGlss, added thumb once, index finger 3 times. turned up sensitivity. Thumb rarely works, finger works as well as my outgoing Sammy S9, which is acceptable.