Question Is there a tempered glass screen protector that works with the finger print scanner?

Search This thread

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
I got a cheap one off Amazon and it seems to work fine
Screenshot_20211110-142746.png

KindofBlues71

May 2, 2011
I bought the ivoler glass screen protector/back camera bar protector off Amazon when I bought my Pixel 6, before the reports of fingerprint scanner issues. It had 4 stars when I bought it, now has 2.5 due to reports that it doesn't work with the fingerprint scanner.

I debated whether to install it or return it, and decided to install it yesterday morning. I deleted and re-added four fingerprints and it does work, even without the "Increase Touch Sensitivity" setting enabled. There are some times that it cannot read my fingerprints but I'd say 95% of the time it works without issue. I enabled the touch sensitivity setting this morning and tried a few apps setup with fingerprint login and I got an Invalid message several times. Disabling the setting works better with this screenprotector IMO.

One caveat - the kit comes with a plastic frame to make applying the screen protector easy but I found that it doesn't line up correctly. The cutout for the front selfie camera is slightly off-center but it doesn't affect the camera at all. It's just an annoyance at this point.

id3alistic

Dec 19, 2011
I'm currently using this one and I can honestly say that I don't have any issues with screen sensitivity or the finger printer not working. I didn't have to update the firmware or even turn on screen sensitivity for it to work. This kit includes 3 screen protectors and 2 rear camera protectors as well.

I've used it in the past with other smartphones and they're actually not that bad. They get the job done at an affordable price.

Also, when I first registered my finger prints, I did so with the screen protector. If you guys are having issues with the prints not reading correctly after installing this, then try deleting them and redoing it after installing the screen protector.

I just tried this. While it works well, I think it's a little too narrow. If you look at bright colored screens from an angle, the edges of the screen protector reflect through and it's annoying.

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I used OMOTRON for other devices - but they were not available in the UK for the P6 when I looked.
I had tried the AmFilm SPs after they were recomended elsewhere - but they did not work well for me - only 50% hit rate.

I then read recommendations for WFTE Screen protectors here in the UK - which I ordered and received earlier today.
Seems to be working fine, I replaced the AmFilm one with the WFTE and the FP now worked 18 out of the 20 attempts I tried so far - even if position the thumb in different ways e.g. lower part / upper part.

Reactions: Borh77

kymlalu

Aug 8, 2010
Today i recived this one AOKUMA and so far i can say that it is working pretty well with fingeprints scaned without glass. Atleast at same manner as before ( come to PX6 from PX3 so it is slow for me ).
And about size of the glass - it is not cover whole screen ( which i like more than full screen ). There is about 2mm gap between glass and side/corner.

bebop707

Apr 1, 2011
I havent setup fingerprints but just regular use of screen seems to not register touch sometimes with a supershieldz tempered glass protector on both mine and my wife's 6. I have it on perfectly on both with zero bubbles or debri, I've literally installed thousands of screen protectors in my repair business and this screen is behaving as badly as a crappy aftermarket iphone screen, it's even worse when you enable increased touch sensitivity. Im beginning to think all of these fingerprint problems are due to crappy digitizers and not even the screen protector.

freeflyer

Dec 23, 2008
How easy is it to remove a tempered glass screen protector? I've not used one before, always having had flip cases.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
How easy is it to remove a tempered glass screen protector? I've not used one before, always having had flip cases.
they peel right off like an adhesive film on glass. that can sometimes also a problem with cases that reach up and have a lip towards the screen if the protector is wide enough. It pushes the protector up and it comes off at the edges. Most that you buy nowadays are case friendly

TimFo

Nov 7, 2021
How easy is it to remove a tempered glass screen protector? I've not used one before, always having had flip caseit

It's dead easy.

Just hook your fingernail under the corner edge and it lifts up slowly, 30 seconds later it's off.

You can also use this technique to correct misalignment and if you're careful, use a dust sticker to remove any dust that accidentally got in there during installation.

guniens

It's dead easy.

Just hook your fingernail under the corner edge and it lifts up slowly, 30 seconds later it's off.

You can also use this technique to correct misalignment and if you're careful, use a dust sticker to remove any dust that accidentally got in there during installation.
Hi
Can you explain a bit more about the correct misalignment part?
Thanks!

TimFo

Nov 7, 2021
Hi
Can you explain a bit more about the correct misalignment part?
Thanks!
I've done this a few times.

If you've put your protector on and it's a bit wonky, tease it off the screen to remove it and just put it back on. You can probably only do this a few times because it might reduce the stickiness.

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Today i recived this one AOKUMA and so far i can say that it is working pretty well with fingeprints scaned without glass. Atleast at same manner as before ( come to PX6 from PX3 so it is slow for me ).
And about size of the glass - it is not cover whole screen ( which i like more than full screen ). There is about 2mm gap between glass and side/corner.
Hey - I also tried the AOKUMA - after the WFTE one cracked during installation and their customer service response was less than satisfactory.
The AOKUMA is also available in the UK - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B094XY26X6 - and also working fine for me - as good as the WFTE in terms of the fingerprint being accepted. The size of the AOKUMA is the same as the WFTE - i.e. gap around the edges - but I suspect this is because the edge of the P6 screen seems to curve downwards slightly?

kymlalu

Aug 8, 2010
Hey - I also tried the AOKUMA - after the WFTE one cracked during installation and their customer service response was less than satisfactory.
The AOKUMA is also available in the UK - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B094XY26X6 - and also working fine for me - as good as the WFTE in terms of the fingerprint being accepted. The size of the AOKUMA is the same as the WFTE - i.e. gap around the edges - but I suspect this is because the edge of the P6 screen seems to curve downwards slightly?
Personally i like that ones with gap more. Every screen protector which had been from edge to edge wasn't that good and always started to peel off - because wrong curve inside or thanks to protective case.
I am using ones with gap since Pixel 1 and never had any problem or scratched screen ( and when you hit it even with protector it will crack anyway ).

Having some issues with thumb fingerprints now but i figured that i need to push it little more toward screen ( and i'm electrician/mechanics so dry, damaged skin could be part of that issue )

Borh77

Apr 27, 2011
Paris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have any luck with getting a tempered glass screen protector that works with the fingerprint scanner?

I have read several threads about this. Some suggest adding same finger twice. Some suggest increasing sensitivity of the screen, and others suggest making sure you are up to date. None of this has worked for me. It is double disappointing for me as I have large thumbs and never could seem to get a thumb unlock to work until the 6. Once I added the screen protector, the phone can not recognize the finger print, even though I added it several times.

I purchased this one https://www.amazon.com/Milomdoi-Goo...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    It claims to work with finger print scanner. I followed their instructions, but no luck so far.
    Received my Zagg screen protector before any of the others. Installed. Finger print scanner works fine with Zagg screen protector and my Pixel 6.

Not excited about the Zagg case as it does not have much of a lip, but one battle at a time!
    I have the Zagg Invisible shield on mine and it works well with the fingerprint reader.
    Here is what I ordered:

I have the SuperShieldz TmGlss, added thumb once, index finger 3 times. turned up sensitivity. Thumb rarely works, finger works as well as my outgoing Sammy S9, which is acceptable.