• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is there a way to change the screen resolution?

Search This thread

nate600

Jul 15, 2013
I have a Poco F3. I upgraded from a LG V30. On my V30 it allowed you to lower the screen resolution to save battery life among other things. Can you change the screen resolution on the F3? I have not been able to find anything.
Thanks 😊

AndroGR

Alright so you have to understand some basic things first before proceeding:

1.You don't lower the resolution, you merge the pixels or their RGBs.
2.You need an AMOLED display, I hope you do.
3.Any system change requires root permissions and an app / terminal
4.To get into / (root partition) you need both root and a working app to do your job, both are dangerous.
5.Any 3rd party app must support root permissions

After all this, you will need:
A) Software with root permission supported, that can do that job
B) A rooted phone and sudo installed probably

I'm not gonna get deeper, these are just the basics.To lower a resolution you will need to merge pixels, which is a VERY HARD process that will consume time for no reason.

nate600

Jul 15, 2013
Alright so you have to understand some basic things first before proceeding:

1.You don't lower the resolution, you merge the pixels or their RGBs.
2.You need an AMOLED display, I hope you do.
3.Any system change requires root permissions and an app / terminal
4.To get into / (root partition) you need both root and a working app to do your job, both are dangerous.
5.Any 3rd party app must support root permissions

After all this, you will need:
A) Software with root permission supported, that can do that job
B) A rooted phone and sudo installed probably

I'm not gonna get deeper, these are just the basics.To lower a resolution you will need to merge pixels, which is a VERY HARD process that will consume time for no reason.
IMG_20210731_200510.jpg

Screen shots from my V30 and it's ability to change resolution. Now granted I know little of phone screens but it seems like something that can be done. I was just looking to see if a app or hidden setting existed. Was LG able to do it because of different screen tech?