Question Is there a way to change the screen resolution?

Search This thread

nate600

Jul 15, 2013
I have a Poco F3. I upgraded from a LG V30. On my V30 it allowed you to lower the screen resolution to save battery life among other things. Can you change the screen resolution on the F3? I have not been able to find anything.
Thanks ūüėä

Reactions: duttyend

AndroGR

Alright so you have to understand some basic things first before proceeding:

1.You don't lower the resolution, you merge the pixels or their RGBs.
2.You need an AMOLED display, I hope you do.
3.Any system change requires root permissions and an app / terminal
4.To get into / (root partition) you need both root and a working app to do your job, both are dangerous.
5.Any 3rd party app must support root permissions

After all this, you will need:
A) Software with root permission supported, that can do that job
B) A rooted phone and sudo installed probably

I'm not gonna get deeper, these are just the basics.To lower a resolution you will need to merge pixels, which is a VERY HARD process that will consume time for no reason.

nate600

Jul 15, 2013

4.To get into / (root partition) you need both root and a working app to do your job, both are dangerous.

I'm not gonna get deeper, these are just the basics.To lower a resolution you will need to merge pixels, which is a VERY HARD process that will consume time for no reason.
IMG_20210731_200510.jpg

Screen shots from my V30 and it's ability to change resolution. Now granted I know little of phone screens but it seems like something that can be done. I was just looking to see if a app or hidden setting existed. Was LG able to do it because of different screen tech?

Reactions: duttyend

nate600

Jul 15, 2013
In windows on a desktop if you go to System, Display, Display Resolution, you can adjust the resolution to fit your connected display. On my Old LG V30 you could do the same thing to improve performance / save battery. With the principle being the lower the resolution the easier it is for the GPU to draw. Like dropping a First person shooter from 4K to 1440p to get higher frame rate.
But instead of being one app on the LG V30 it was the whole phone, all apps and video's, etc.. would run at the adjusted resolution. Why cant it be done on the Poco F3?

3zozHashim

Oct 24, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Xiaomi Poco F3
In windows on a desktop if you go to System, Display, Display Resolution, you can adjust the resolution to fit your connected display. On my Old LG V30 you could do the same thing to improve performance / save battery. With the principle being the lower the resolution the easier it is for the GPU to draw. Like dropping a First person shooter from 4K to 1440p to get higher frame rate.
But instead of being one app on the LG V30 it was the whole phone, all apps and video's, etc.. would run at the adjusted resolution. Why cant it be done on the Poco F3?

Xiaomi​

images (3).jpeg

Arealhooman

Btw this si wrong you can use Adb

predict9

Aug 13, 2020
you cant just change resolution and be done with it. you need to change density as well

use wm density and wm resolution to know the stock values then use ratio to set resolution and density
bro you know that density doenst change scaling of your screen right it changes only the size of letters apps etc i want basically fill to fit screen and make it like pc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-03-14-52-35-547_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-03-14-52-35-547_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Poco F3. I upgraded from a LG V30. On my V30 it allowed you to lower the screen resolution to save battery life among other things. Can you change the screen resolution on the F3? I have not been able to find anything.
    Thanks ūüėä

IMG_20210731_200510.jpg

Screen shots from my V30 and it's ability to change resolution. Now granted I know little of phone screens but it seems like something that can be done. I was just looking to see if a app or hidden setting existed. Was LG able to do it because of different screen tech?
    IMG_20210731_200520.jpg
    second screenshot could not get it to attach to my response.
    s you dont know how to change aspect ratio?

i am mobile gamer so would like to see it stretched
    no, idk how to change aspect ratio