• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is there a way to remove pre-installed Windows 10 Mobile?

Search This thread

Givan2000

Aug 11, 2017
editing the .ffu file or by using some file explorer? I need to remove apps that I always have to uninstall when I recover my Lumia. Easy Tax and others ... :)

AWasisto

Nov 2, 2016
Jakarta
www.wasisto.com
You might wanna extract separate partition images from the ffu then edit the MainOS image but you can't repack them into a new ffu. You can only repack those images into a flashable zip file. If you're not in hurry, I can write a full tutorial next week if you need one. Otherwise, you can experiment yourself with Interop Tools, OSFMount and Total Commander. Just be very, very careful cause you might turn your device into a brick

nate0

Mar 27, 2015
wlxdev.blogspot.com
I second dxdy.
Ya Interop tools and sftp or Full MTP access is what I use.

Go to C:\PROGRAMS\COMMONFILES\XAPS
Remove what you do not want. But be careful not to remove stuff you may need later, like wallet or other foundation apps. Also if you Hard reset they will be gone next time around. Secondly I have found some OEMs use another folder I think under C:\PROGRAMS\COMMONFILES\OEM\PreinstalledAPPS or something C:\PROGRAMS\COMMONFILES\OEM\Preinstalled......
The main folder is the XAPS folder though, that gets used during OOBE provisioning.

Top Liked Posts