Is there a way to update Android 10?

Search This thread

robilaur

Mar 14, 2011
Hello
I`m a new OP 7t Pro user, just got the phone and i have Android 10 - Oxygen OS 10.0.4.HD01BA version on the phone. I have the new Android 11 update notification, but after reading forums i dont want to make it as its not a stable version.

My question is: How can i update my Android 10 verion to the last A10 version that OP released.

Thanx in advance.

Hw4ng3r

• Hello
    I`m a new OP 7t Pro user, just got the phone and i have Android 10 - Oxygen OS 10.0.4.HD01BA version on the phone. I have the new Android 11 update notification, but after reading forums i dont want to make it as its not a stable version.

My question is: How can i update my Android 10 verion to the last A10 version that OP released.

Thanx in advance.

Download the correct firmware from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...a-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4003455/

Place it in the root directory of your SD Card and do a local upgrade via Settings > System > System updates > Cog Wheel > Local upgrade > point to firmware you downloaded.

robilaur

Mar 14, 2011
    @Hw4ng3r
    Thank you for your reply. Do i have to do all updates in order ( 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.6, 10.0.0.7 ... and so on) or does the last one 10.0.0.14 contain all previous updates? Does this update wipe my phone data or will i have everything left on it.
    In case of update 10.0.0.14 there are 2 update files, do u know witch one is the last and witch one should i download?
    Thank you

Hw4ng3r

• @Hw4ng3r
    Thank you for your reply. Do i have to do all updates in order ( 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.6, 10.0.0.7 ... and so on) or does the last one 10.0.0.14 contain all previous updates? Does this update wipe my phone data or will i have everything left on it.
    In case of update 10.0.0.14 there are 2 update files, do u know witch one is the last and witch one should i download?
    Thank you
    No you do not need to update in order. Just pick the latest version ( or version you want) and you're good to go.

The BA version apparently has two zips for the .14. One was what was available pre Feb 2021, and one that is there on the EU support site now. I'm not sure what has changed between the two versions though. Maybe someone else that knows more can comment on that.

Just be warned that if you do go Android 11 and want to come back to Android 10, you will need a data wipe to come back.

robilaur

Mar 14, 2011
    Thank you for your help!
    I`m downloading now the .14 version from official website and doing the update.
    Thanks again and topic can be closed if needed.