Is there a way to utilize the fullscreen and cutout area?

Search This thread

Supeemeb

Apr 12, 2019
On some apps (e.g. Temple Run) there's a black bar at the top and even in landscape mode some Google apps have the black bar aswell and it's super fustrating to have a screen like this and having a black bar on it. On other phones (e.g. Samsung) there is an option called "full screen apps" which where you can force your phone to open apps in full screen and it works just fine.

Is there a way to solve this problem? With root or some mod? Help me please!

Reactions: bhanureddy

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
By the way. Is Google aware of this problem? Because it seems so dumb..
Same here, immersive doesn't work..

It would appear to be the way Android 11 is desiogned/coded to operate. Individual apps need to explicitly include the A9+ code to access the area within the notch region. I have some apps that can use the area (quick pick gallery app), but most cannot.

[RANT] Personally I thi9nk googl;e dropped the ball in the options of how to treat the notch region. Simply having an option to ignore the region and treat as if there is not camera cut-out would seem like an obvious option that should be available to the user. I have made the suggestion in the support option under settings in the hope enough other people complain to put it on the radar of google as something to fix [/RANT]

See the following thread post for links

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On some apps (e.g. Temple Run) there's a black bar at the top and even in landscape mode some Google apps have the black bar aswell and it's super fustrating to have a screen like this and having a black bar on it. On other phones (e.g. Samsung) there is an option called "full screen apps" which where you can force your phone to open apps in full screen and it works just fine.

Is there a way to solve this problem? With root or some mod? Help me please!