• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is there a way to view the phone screen on pc with a broken screen? (7 edge+root+adb)

Search This thread

Lilly5757

Oct 4, 2019
Hi!
My screen just broke and i want to view my phone somehow- is that possible?
I don't just want to backup or restore files but to actually see the screen like it looks on the phone (so i could go through apps\files and decide what i want to restore etc)
7 edge,full root and adb
Thank you!

Lilly5757

Oct 4, 2019

Lilly5757

Oct 4, 2019

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Thank you so much! Are there simple instructions for someone who does not know what all these things mean?
On the GitHub page linked to scroll down to section "Get the app" -> Windows, download the .ZIP-file provided onto PC, extract .ZIP-file to any location of your preference on PC, then when .ZIP-file got unpacked connect phone with PC via USB-cable - preferredly the one that came with phone - and finally run the "scrcpy.exe" located in unpacked SCRCPY folder.

Example screenshot:
scrcpy-adb-ss.png

Lilly5757

Oct 4, 2019
On the GitHub page linked to scroll down to section "Get the app" -> Windows, download the .ZIP-file provided onto PC, extract .ZIP-file to any location of your preference on PC, then when .ZIP-file got unpacked connect phone with PC via USB-cable - preferredly the one that came with phone - and finally run the "scrcpy.exe" located in unpacked SCRCPY folder.

Example screenshot:
scrcpy-adb-ss.png
thank you! it is saying .... scrcpy-server://file pushed,0 skipped. 11.7 mb/s /sbin/sh:app process: not found