• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is there an MSM tool for N200?

Search This thread

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
I bricked my phone by flashing a patched boot image from 11.0.2 to a phone with 11.0.0 and I can't get to fastboot mode - etc. I think MSM is my only way back?

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
I got it to fastboot mode, but there's no boot image for 11.0.0 available, right? Please help :)

mingkee

Is it T-Mobile version or unlocked?
There's MSM tool for T-Mobile version and you can download full ROM for unlocked
If yours is unlocked and you can access recovery, use sideload
Code:
adb sideload
Press spacebar once and drag and drop the ROM onto command window and press enter
This can fix boot as well as making version update

Reactions: bouyakasha

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
I bricked my phone by flashing a patched boot image from 11.0.2 to a phone with 11.0.0 and I can't get to fastboot mode - etc. I think MSM is my only way back?
there is no msm tool for the full paid version from OP store .. only for T-Mobile .. but if you phone is still under waranty please get a hold of tech support and tell them you request a remote session and that your phone is seen by your computer . they will have you fill up some forms via email and send you the link to download the tools .. if you do please share them here .. when i had my issue they didnt have the tools available and chose not to send my phone back so i am like you with a briked phone

amboyscout

May 21, 2014
I have no idea how to send it, but I have a boot.img from my factory unlocked N200 (Model DE2117) on firmware Oxygen OS 11.0.0.0.DE17AA. I also have a magisk patched copy of that boot.img. Let me know how to send it and you can give it a shot.

Last edited:

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
I have no idea how to send it, but I have a boot.img from my factory unlocked N200 (Model DE2117) on firmware Oxygen OS 11.0.0.0.DE17AA. I also have a magisk patched copy of that boot.img. Let me know how to send it and you can give it a shot.
wow .. please upload it to google drive or mega (dot) nz and post the link here .... honestly this gets me very excited ...

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
T-Mobile Variant MSM Tools:
Do not use this on any other variant.
I tried that on my full paid one from oneplus.com and it dont work ... so yes its a waste to download it for nothing

mingkee

There's a maual method.
If you're familiar with fastboot flash with Moto phone, yes, similar commands.
Download full ROM and unpack with payload dumper, and flash every .img one by one

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
I tried that on my full paid one from oneplus.com and it dont work ... so yes its a waste to download it for nothing
If you use the "+ Quote" button, rather than the reply button, it'll create a multiquote, letting you quote and reply to multiple posts all at once (it'll add a "insert quotes" button to the reply box). This eliminates double-posts, which most forums frown upon.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
there is no msm tool for the full paid version from OP store .. only for T-Mobile .. but if you phone is still under waranty please get a hold of tech support and tell them you request a remote session and that your phone is seen by your computer . they will have you fill up some forms via email and send you the link to download the tools .. if you do please share them here .. when i had my issue they didnt have the tools available and chose not to send my phone back so i am like you with a briked phone
Tried this today. Now waiting on OnePlus to respond.

Ethanvio

Aug 18, 2021
Don't wait to long for their reply .. if they don't answer call them on the phone.. it takes less than a minute to have them speak with you ... I dragged it for too long with them waiting 7 days to send me a shipping label than another 5 for another try at it .. another 4 to get the link for download ..after all that they said they don't have it... but this was a while back ... I'd be on that phone fast.. tell them you need your phone as it's the only one ... honestly if you can get the msm tool it would be amazing 🙏

Last edited:

darkghost568

Jun 29, 2012
Bethesda
There's a manual method.
If you're familiar with fastboot flash with Moto phone, yes, similar commands.
Download full ROM and unpack with payload dumper, and flash every .img one by one
I am familiar with this from Moto, and some previous manual flashes with my OEM OP5. However, after extracting the partition .imgs from the OOS OTA via this tool when I try to `fastboot flash logo logo.img` (among others), I get hit with `FAILED remote: flashing is not allowed for critical partitions`, even after having unlocked with `fastboot flashing unlock_critical`. How were you able to get everything to work?

I also tried flashing the OTA zip via the TWRP, but it seems like the current dev version of TWRP in that thread is completely borked for N200 as far as ROM flashing goes ://

mingkee

I am familiar with this from Moto, and some previous manual flashes with my OEM OP5. However, after extracting the partition .imgs from the OOS OTA via this tool when I try to `fastboot flash logo logo.img` (among others), I get hit with `FAILED remote: flashing is not allowed for critical partitions`, even after having unlocked with `fastboot flashing unlock_critical`. How were you able to get everything to work?

I also tried flashing the OTA zip via the TWRP, but it seems like the current dev version of TWRP in that thread is completely borked for N200 as far as ROM flashing goes ://
You have to flash in fastbootd (... reboot fastboot) as instructed in 8T forum

Reactions: darkghost568

darkghost568

Jun 29, 2012
Bethesda

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
Ok so now I'm stuck here as well (saw your comment in the other thread):

Any luck getting past this?
Towards the bottom of that post it talks about getting past that error.

Reactions: darkghost568

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it T-Mobile version or unlocked?
    There's MSM tool for T-Mobile version and you can download full ROM for unlocked
    If yours is unlocked and you can access recovery, use sideload
    Code:
    adb sideload
    Press spacebar once and drag and drop the ROM onto command window and press enter
    This can fix boot as well as making version update
    Don't wait to long for their reply .. if they don't answer call them on the phone.. it takes less than a minute to have them speak with you ... I dragged it for too long with them waiting 7 days to send me a shipping label than another 5 for another try at it .. another 4 to get the link for download ..after all that they said they don't have it... but this was a while back ... I'd be on that phone fast.. tell them you need your phone as it's the only one ... honestly if you can get the msm tool it would be amazing 🙏