Is there any available root for Galaxy J7 Crown?

Search This thread

TrevinLC1997

Mar 21, 2019
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum, it's my first time here. But my Galaxy S6 is getting pretty slow and I was going to just get a J7 crown from straight talk. Anyways it only has 2GB of ram so I was hoping I could root it and then flash a custom ROM to make it better.

sketchscarz

Mar 2, 2011
Eugene
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Ok! I have the device in download mode and ODIN 3.12 recognizes the device. Definitely need the AP, BL, CP, and CSC files. I used reboot bootloader in adb after unlocking with a particular oem unlock adb shell code. (adb shell setprop sys.oem_unlock_allowed 1) i beleive the command worked as i am in download mode with adb reboot bootloader, and it got me to this point. Anyone know where to find these files to be able to have a custom recovery? I am pretty sure when the official firmware is located, then I will be able to continue the method described in the androidbiits method (link above). Any chance someone could direct me in the right area to move forward?

https://imgur.com/a/csi981C Image of ODIN 3.12 and device added in download mode

xoddox

Aug 21, 2020
You can try the Technastic website. It may have what you're looking for. If you successfully root your phone, please reply--I also have a Samsung J7 Crown and haven't had any success with the normal routing process. Just search for "Samsung firmware download/Technastic" and you should find the appropriate links.

Reactions: sketchscarz

Jackspsychosis

Oct 18, 2021
Houston, Tx
www.facebook.com
Ok! I have the device in download mode and ODIN 3.12 recognizes the device. Definitely need the AP, BL, CP, and CSC files. I used reboot bootloader in adb after unlocking with a particular oem unlock adb shell code. (adb shell setprop sys.oem_unlock_allowed 1) i beleive the command worked as i am in download mode with adb reboot bootloader, and it got me to this point. Anyone know where to find these files to be able to have a custom recovery? I am pretty sure when the official firmware is located, then I will be able to continue the method described in the androidbiits method (link above). Any chance someone could direct me in the right area to move forward?

Image of ODIN 3.12 and device added in download mode
Hey brother Is that the adb shell code in ( )?

Reactions: sketchscarz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can try the Technastic website. It may have what you're looking for. If you successfully root your phone, please reply--I also have a Samsung J7 Crown and haven't had any success with the normal routing process. Just search for "Samsung firmware download/Technastic" and you should find the appropriate links.

Image of ODIN 3.12 and device added in download mode
    Yes