• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is there any carrier unlock method for LG G8 at&t ?

Search This thread

petrusalvesba

Jun 2, 2021
hello I have a lg g8 at&t G820UM20t that works only with at&t chips, but I live in Brazil and it is not possible to use at&t, I would like to know if there is any way to unlock it to use with other carriers

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
hello I have a lg g8 at&t G820UM20t that works only with at&t chips, but I live in Brazil and it is not possible to use at&t, I would like to know if there is any way to unlock it to use with other carriers

It's probably possible to completely flash a firmware dump from another g8 with medusa box.

I just went through this, don't know what a medusa box is but the firmware dump from another g8 won't work. I understand that the locking happens in nvm / ufs memory, nothing to do with the firmware.

I used remote unlock service, only about 25 bucks and it was relatively easy (relatively, there's numerous apps u have to install and quite a few details to pay attention to). You can find them on the tele group for v50/G8.

cheers

petrusalvesba

Jun 2, 2021
I just went through this, don't know what a medusa box is but the firmware dump from another g8 won't work. I understand that the locking happens in nvm / ufs memory, nothing to do with the firmware.

I used remote unlock service, only about 25 bucks and it was relatively easy (relatively, there's numerous apps u have to install and quite a few details to pay attention to). You can find them on the tele group for v50/G8.

cheers
where can i find this tele group for v50/g8 ?

Top Liked Posts