• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is there any chance that an oreo update will make knox 0x0 again ??

Search This thread

KoalaKinG

Jan 4, 2018
hi all. Is there any chance that an oreo update will make knox 0x0 again ?? I am asking this becouse u know what problems does the warranty void. i installed from odin uk btu version of official sam firmware and have access to updates but hardly passed through the s health problem. i searched for solutions but only hope is if oreo will do any trick. so please if anyone has any info about that reply

Marvinho+

Sep 22, 2017
Nope, knox will not be restored by a firmware upgrade. Do not get your hopes up. It isn't being restored in the Oreo betas aswell.
I think the only way that knox could be restored is due to a mistake by Samsung :D

vladimir_carlan

Jan 5, 2014
No. Knox trigger it's physical and not a software solution. It's an fuse on your phone mainboard. It's literally a physical damage. No software update will fix it :)

vladimir_carlan

Jan 5, 2014
repairing the fuse that is blown out.

Good luck with that. That e-fuse is located inside SoC.
And about replacing the mainboard... One should pay for a new mainboard, probably spending some money to pay someone to replace it in order to avoid being needed to pay to repair another defect? Does it sounds logical to you?
A motherboard for S8 costs £320-360. Plus another 50ish quid for labour. Would take you to £370-410. You can buy another S8 with those money :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMadScientist

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
No. I won't say 100% but 98. Some one may crack it today tomorrow or in 10p years but do not get your hopes up

giphy.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    repairing the fuse that is blown out.

Good luck with that. That e-fuse is located inside SoC.
    And about replacing the mainboard... One should pay for a new mainboard, probably spending some money to pay someone to replace it in order to avoid being needed to pay to repair another defect? Does it sounds logical to you?
    A motherboard for S8 costs £320-360. Plus another 50ish quid for labour. Would take you to £370-410. You can buy another S8 with those money :)