Question Is there any hope for this device to get custom roms?

Search This thread

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
I have bought this phone and I'm curious if there is any custom roms other than MIUI?
There are no other custom ROMs yet, but there are several factors that make me believe that there will soon be good support for this device.

First off, xiaomi most of the time doesn't wait long these days before revealing their kernel source.
Furthermore this device is a typical mid-ranger that in a way scratches the upper range, so it is predestined to make people curious about its potential and is very affordable at the same time.
We don't have cristal balls for these questions, but for me the odds are good - otherwise I wouldn't have bought this phone myself ; )

Golbinex

I think this device has better chance to get custom ROMs than 5G version, because it has same chipset like Redmi Note 10 Pro or Poco X3 NFC. These devices already have custom ROMs, so it is possible to make custom ROM with the help of their device trees. I will maybe buy this phone and attempt to do it once I have more free time, however I would be glad if more experienced developer did it 😀

Reactions: Lollauser

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
I am not at all confident for this device, about custom roms.
RN 10 Pro came out not even a month earlier, and you can already find twrp plus many roms in development.
For Mi 11 Lite nothing yet...and I don't think it's much harder to mod.
It is a device born unlucky in my opinion, they have produced few and sells little, and will have little or zero community.
I'll wait another month, and if nothing comes out I'll sell it.
It's a pity, because i really love form factor and weight, and is fast and reliable. But for me modding is essential, i dont like miui.

mommosingh

Aug 22, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
RN 10 Pro came out not even a month earlier, and you can already find twrp plus many roms in development.
It is a device born unlucky in my opinion, they have produced few and sells little, and will have little or zero community.
It's a pity, because i really love form factor and weight, and is fast and reliable. But for me modding is essential, i dont like miui.
yes... same to me.. But i hope it will get a community...

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5
Ahhh, you doubters can see now.

Unofficial CrDroid an PE have just been released on the telegram channel (sorry, not allowed to post the link here, but you will figure it out).
I flashed CrDroid and it is super stable and feature-rich - total recommendation!

• Love

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C

Unofficial CrDroid an PE have just been released on the telegram channel (sorry, not allowed to post the link here, but you will figure it out).
I flashed CrDroid and it is super stable and feature-rich - total recommendation!
Yesssssss
You (and the developers of course) just made my morning brighter :love::love::love:
crDroid is my favourite, also

Reactions: Phil_Smith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this device has better chance to get custom ROMs than 5G version, because it has same chipset like Redmi Note 10 Pro or Poco X3 NFC. These devices already have custom ROMs, so it is possible to make custom ROM with the help of their device trees. I will maybe buy this phone and attempt to do it once I have more free time, however I would be glad if more experienced developer did it 😀
    some devs are workin on one:

sorry to steal your thunder ;)
    yes... same to me.. But i hope it will get a community...

Oh there it is right here: