• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is there any salvation from this?

Search This thread

xumixu

Sep 5, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Sorry for being lazy to not read the 3 pages thoroughly. Seems you fixed it, but i suggest try flashing directly with a fastboot rom and minimal adb and fastboot in the future, and not using the mi flash that in my experience, is quite picky with their versions.

Just download the tgz rom, minimal adb and fastboot, decompress both, put all content from minimal adb and fastboot inside the same folder hopefully with the shortest path possible (eg just a folder in C:\). Open a CMD with admin rights, go to the folder with cd command
Get the phone into fastboot and then execute the same "bat" file that were suggested before, hopefully flash all (including storage) but not locking bootloader.

Usually if that doesnt work, probably you will need EDL and that AFAIK need a special mi account :(

Reactions: HBMHD

HBMHD

Nov 29, 2021
Sorry for being lazy to not read the 3 pages thoroughly. Seems you fixed it, but i suggest try flashing directly with a fastboot rom and minimal adb and fastboot in the future, and not using the mi flash that in my experience, is quite picky with their versions.

Just download the tgz rom, minimal adb and fastboot, decompress both, put all content from minimal adb and fastboot inside the same folder hopefully with the shortest path possible (eg just a folder in C:\). Open a CMD with admin rights, go to the folder with cd command
Get the phone into fastboot and then execute the same "bat" file that were suggested before, hopefully flash all (including storage) but not locking bootloader.

Usually if that doesnt work, probably you will need EDL and that AFAIK need a special mi account :(

I read about that EDL thing, that's why I was panicking on this thread lol.

Thanks for the advise, I'll try a fastboot rom if it ever happens again (hopefully not soon); but just as an update, I ended up failing at installing LineageOS a couple more times after this, so then I tried Evolution X and it gave me a ton of errors... But it did install and my Phone is now all shinny with a new OS :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    donwload sdk platform tools
    extract it
    in file explorer url type cmd it will show cmd
    hold power and volume down to your phone to boot it into fastboot
    connect phone to pc
    type in the opened cmd, fastboot devices
    if your devices showed in cmd we can repair it back
    try also downloading xiaomi flash tool latest and open the software click drivers on the upper right corner install all 5 drivers and try connecting your phone see if its detected on your device manager
    Thank you for your quick response, cmd finally detected my phone, I got Mi Flash Tool but it got me a weird message in after installing drivers:

View attachment 5470215

(hopefully it means it was successful) and it detects it as well!
    its in chinese character dont worry it is successful hahaha
    1638153878006.png

disregard my stock rom my phone is global variant choose your designated variant to flash
    Mine is too, I'm downloading it right now, will take a while.

This may be a silly question and idk if you know the answer of, but will my phone keep charging even if it's in Fastboot mode? It has been on for a few hours since attempting to fix and I don't want it to die in the middle of installing the stock rom, the damn thing won't turn off, every time I hold the power button it just turns on again into that LineageOS recovery tool
    it will definitely charge like the speed of micro usb like 2.0 amperes in fastboot only it charges too slow but it will keep your phone still alive dont worry after you flashed stock rom it will go back normal 33W