Is there any way, magisk or xposed, disable locksceen but using fingerprint scanner for apps, banks etc?

Search This thread

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
I want to have my tablet unlocked (unlocked locksceen) but using the fingerprint scanner for my apps, banks etc. Samsung galaxy tab s6. If i setup fingerprints, automatically the locksceen is locked.. You have to use password, fingerprint or patern to unlock.. Which i don't want. I wanted unlock.. If anyone knows..
Thanks,

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
I want to have my tablet unlocked (unlocked locksceen) but using the fingerprint scanner for my apps, banks etc. Samsung galaxy tab s6. If i setup fingerprints, automatically the locksceen is locked.. You have to use password, fingerprint or patern to unlock.. Which i don't want. I wanted unlock.. If anyone knows..
Thanks,
If you are on stock One UI, try this approach:

Post in thread 'Set automatic lock delay on android to more than 30 min. with ADB' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...re-than-30-min-with-adb.3791042/post-81421129

Also you have to set locking with power button to off in system settings. I was using this successfully on my Tab S5e when I was on stock, although now I'm on Lineage Os 🙂

Reactions: sosimple

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
If you are on stock One UI, try this approach:

Post in thread 'Set automatic lock delay on android to more than 30 min. with ADB' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...re-than-30-min-with-adb.3791042/post-81421129

Also you have to set locking with power button to off in system settings. I was using this successfully on my Tab S5e when I was on stock, although now I'm on Lineage Os 🙂
Actually I needed only the second command listed under this post

Reactions: sosimple

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
Thanks my friend.. I tried it, but didn't work.. Perhaps they changed something. I'm in original rooted rom android 11 tab s6.
Hmm, this is not impossible, but rather unlikely... Did you make sure to change the power button setting? I don't remember how it is named exactly but I belive it's necessary to get it work. Also you could try to separate adb command for two and use superuser access:
Code:
adb shell
su
settings put secure lock_screen_lock_after_timeout 86400000

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Hmm, this is not impossible, but rather unlikely... Did you make sure to change the power button setting? I don't remember how it is named exactly but I belive it's necessary to get it work. Also you could try to separate adb command for two and use superuser access:
Code:
adb shell
su
settings put secure lock_screen_lock_after_timeout 86400000
Many thanks my friend! This really helped: "Did you make sure to change the power button setting? I don't remember how it is named exactly but I belive it's necessary to get it work"
This made me remember, that the above adb commands probably just increase the time to auto lock the screen.. If you press the button it lock instantly bypassing this I think.. So i setup auto lock the screen in 15 sec (without pressing the button), and is working. When screen goes of automatically, it supposed to lock in 5 sec i think, if you don't preen the power button during this 5 sec (otherwise it will auto lock after those 5 sec). Now this 5 sec has become a day.. :) So tablet stay unlocked and when i press the power key it goes to desktop. Let's hope tablet go to standby and not consuming battery this way.. This one needs to test.
I think i had an app which just turn screen off without lock. Or probably i can do it in tasker, i will try. I think it's going to work this way.. Or perhaps there is a setting when press the power button not to lock instantly. I don't remember if there is, I'll search it.
Thanks again!

Edit. I just made a command in tasker: turn screen of (without checking lock) and it works.. Screen goes of without locking (normally it won't lock for 5 sec i think, but now is for a day). So i can "lock" by a button shortcut in screen, without really lock, or i can press the button and lock instantly with locksceen (which needs fingerprint to unlock).. Or i can set to double press the power button to run the tasker shortcut, so pressing the power button screen of and lock the tablet, or double press the power button to turn the screen off without lock.. I have the choice.. It's ok this with me, many thanks again!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts