• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is there any way to access my files on my bricked HD1913?

Search This thread

momir64

Sep 16, 2021
So, my OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren (HD1913) has stucked in bootloop. I want to access my files but the device is encrypted. I tried unofficial TWRP but it doesn't support decryption. I also tried adb backup in stock recovery and also in TWRP, but ofcourse, no luck. Is there any way to access my files?

momir64

Sep 16, 2021
Thank you for the fast reply!

It's very secure... especially now.
Your only hope is to break the boot loop and get the current OS load to boot up.
The problem about that is that I don't have the right boot.img which is from the latest 11.0.3.1HD01BA, all I could find is the previous 11.0.2.1HD01BA. Maybe you can help me with that? I was thinking about asking that in a separate thread, but it didn't seem like a good idea. I suppose that it will be available somewhere on xda in the coming weeks but in that case, I would rather flash the previous stock ROM even if I would lose my files.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thank you for the fast reply!

The problem about that is that I don't have the right boot.img which is from the latest 11.0.3.1HD01BA, all I could find is the previous 11.0.2.1HD01BA. Maybe you can help me with that? I was thinking about asking that in a separate thread, but it didn't seem like a good idea. I suppose that it will be available somewhere on xda in the coming weeks but in that case, I would rather flash the previous stock ROM event if I would lose my files.
You better tread very carefully here. How and where is the encryption stored? I would think your safest course of action be to find exactly what boot looped it and correct it by editing, line by line.
It's likely a 3rd party app that boot looped it.
Launchers and power management apps are likely candidates.

You're already way beyond my skillset. I run stock unencrypted devices in part because of disasters like this.
For all you know it could be a hardware failure or malware induced corruption. Those encryption keys are your only hope... if they are still intact and accessible.

Always redundantly backup critical data and NEVER encrypt backup drives. Do not clone copy media ie music files, cut/paste etc only.

momir64

Sep 16, 2021
Ok, I got lucky this time.
I have totally forgotten about Oxygen Updater app which is apparently great when it comes to keeping it up to date, so I downloaded the latest stock ROM with it, flashed boot.img, and bang, it booted perfectly! It took some time to download tho, but in the end, everything is great!

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I got lucky this time.
    I have totally forgotten about Oxygen Updater app which is apparently great when it comes to keeping it up to date, so I downloaded the latest stock ROM with it, flashed boot.img, and bang, it booted perfectly! It took some time to download tho, but in the end, everything is great!