Is there any way to fix smart lock's "trusted places" feature

Search This thread

skiddingus

Sep 12, 2011
Canton Ohio
Smart lock's trusted places is a great feature to keep your phone locked while at home but it never works reliably. I had an S8 and was never able to get it working either. I've scoured the internet and tried every remedy I can find. I can get smart lock to keep my phone unlocked for a few hours sometimes but it always fails at some point and requires a fingerprint again even while at home. It works very reliably connected to my car as a trusted device.

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem and get smart lock to work for more than just a few hours? Is this a Samsung issue or an Android problem? I do see people with other devices complaining as well so I'm assuming it is an Android problem.

ergalthema

Feb 6, 2014
Smart lock's trusted places is a great feature to keep your phone locked while at home but it never works reliably. I had an S8 and was never able to get it working either. I've scoured the internet and tried every remedy I can find. I can get smart lock to keep my phone unlocked for a few hours sometimes but it always fails at some point and requires a fingerprint again even while at home. It works very reliably connected to my car as a trusted device.

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem and get smart lock to work for more than just a few hours? Is this a Samsung issue or an Android problem? I do see people with other devices complaining as well so I'm assuming it is an Android problem.
It's a known bug with Android. There are threads in the Google support forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: skiddingus

meyerweb

Jun 19, 2010
After 4 hours of not interacting with the phone it will require you to use a biometric or pin/password. That's by design. Not sure if that's your issue or not. I use a BT connection as my smart unlock at home, and it works fine.

ergalthema

Feb 6, 2014
After 4 hours of not interacting with the phone it will require you to use a biometric or pin/password. That's by design. Not sure if that's your issue or not. I use a BT connection as my smart unlock at home, and it works fine.

That's not the issue. It will lock immediately after turning off the screen, and often immediately after adding a new safe area coordinates from the same location....

Aug 4, 2011
I have it set to high accuracy and same issue. Even after using biometrics to unlock (for example when waking up in the morning) trusted places still doesn't work. Super annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's a known bug with Android. There are threads in the Google support forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk