Question Is there any way to hide the status bar to use the full screen?

Search This thread

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
You can auto-hide the navigation icons from within Settings, but I think you would need the Global theme app rather that the limited CN theme app to make most changes to the status bar. If you do experiment with the Global themes app, change your region to India because Xiaomi restricts most Themes functions by region and India enjoys the most extensive theme options.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
You can auto-hide the navigation icons from within Settings, but I think you would need the Global theme app rather that the limited CN theme app to make most changes to the status bar. If you do experiment with the Global themes app, change your region to India because Xiaomi restricts most Themes functions by region and India enjoys the most extensive theme options.

you can only hide the nav bar in the stock launcher from my experience. I found a magisk module that hides the nav bar though. I want the status bar to be gone in every app, hidden away only available to be pulled down only if you need to see it. i've found many threads all over without a way to do it in the newer android versions thus far

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
you can only hide the nav bar in the stock launcher from my experience. I found a magisk module that hides the nav bar though. I want the status bar to be gone in every app, hidden away only available to be pulled down only if you need to see it. i've found many threads all over without a way to do it in the newer android versions thus far
I think I can create magisk module to change status bar size to 0px (= hide completely), but then you can't pull down it since the size is 0 and there's no area to touch.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
I think I can create magisk module to change status bar size to 0px (= hide completely), but then you can't pull down it since the size is 0 and there's no area to touch.

that sounds awesome to me. if the size is 0 - couldn't we still use a custom gesture to pull it down even if we can't see it at all? that would be amazing as I use custom gestures like this already.

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OK I created magisk module to hide status bar:
You can use custom gesture to open notification/quick settings.

thanks so much, this is awesome. right now it just hides where the status bar was so that it leaves a blank space where the bar was. is there any way for the full screen to fill up this space? either way I am using this and thank you for trying.

also, have you had any luck getting ok google to work with the screen off?

just sent you a donation as well, thanks so much

Edit this is perfect when unfolded it takes up the full screen all the time

Last edited:

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
Can you share the magisk module to hide the nav bar?

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
This module worked perfectly thank you! Is there a way to set it to like 1 or 2px that will still make the status bar show if I tap that area? I can set custom gestures for the notification shade but the status bar and icons don't show. Thank you

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
OK I created magisk module to hide status bar:
You can use custom gesture to open notification/quick settings.
This module worked perfectly thank you! Is there a way to set it to like 1 or 2px that will still make the status bar show if I tap that area? I can set custom gestures for the notification shade but the status bar and icons don't show. Thank you

Kytrex

Jul 6, 2022
OnePlus 11
Man you such a legend mate, I've been searching something like this for over 4 hours.
Good news is that it basically work on every deivce i got, no problem with android 13 at all.
So clean and really made my day. Much thanks!

Kytrex

Jul 6, 2022
OnePlus 11
For those who want better experience, I just found out that you can install a app call "Super Status Bar" which had a feature where you can just pull down the notification zone by gesture.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Top Liked Posts