Is there any way to install an app in twrp recovery mode?

Search This thread

trusko1

Jul 21, 2017
Earlier today I successfully rooted my phone and uninstalled a bunch of bloatware. Foolishly, I also uninstalled the Samsung keyboard (figuring I only use the Swype keyboard) which I now suspect it is used to enter my pin when turning the phone on. Now I can't get past the pin entry because the keypad does not show up. Is there anyway to reinstall the app in this situation?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Earlier today I successfully rooted my phone and uninstalled a bunch of bloatware. Foolishly, I also uninstalled the Samsung keyboard (figuring I only use the Swype keyboard) which I now suspect it is used to enter my pin when turning the phone on. Now I can't get past the pin entry because the keypad does not show up. Is there anyway to reinstall the app in this situation?
You can get a copy of the .apk file and then boot to TWRP, then use adb to sideload the .apk to /system/app or /system/priv-app (wherever it was at before you deleted it).

Or you can reflash your stock firmware or custom ROM if you're using one.

I DO NOT PROVIDE HELP IN PM, KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

D

Deleted member 1890170

Magisk is a 3rd-party-app. Take note that a system-app is necessary part of Android OS. And Magisk isn't.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Magisk is a 3rd-party-app. Take note that a system-app is necessary part of Android OS. And Magisk isn't.
Not quite right, when a 3rd party user app is installed or pushed to system, it then becomes a system app. The term "system app" refers to any app that is in the system partition, it has nothing to do with whether the app is a necessary part of the OS. Stock system apps, or, at least, "some" of them can be considered to be necessary parts of the OS but this isn't completely true because a lot of devices come pre-installed with non essential bloatware apps in the system partition. These non essential bloatware apps can be removed via root or by adb on non rooted devices because they are not necessary parts of the system.

Reactions: lebigmac
D

Deleted member 1890170

For me a "system app" is - as already mentioned - an app that comes pre-installed in Android ROM's one of the partitions /system/app or /product/app or /product/overlay or /vendor/app, is a "system app" an app that is intended for the functioning of the Android device.

Your admission to this view of mine does not change my opinion. :)

lolvatveo

Nov 1, 2020
Biên Hòa city
private app is also a system app but seems to be an add-on. and i flashed the zip but it was not set as a system app, it seems the zip is not related to install like the system in twrp, and twrp mounted the system but couldn't delete any folder in. rooted but so bad!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not quite right, when a 3rd party user app is installed or pushed to system, it then becomes a system app. The term "system app" refers to any app that is in the system partition, it has nothing to do with whether the app is a necessary part of the OS. Stock system apps, or, at least, "some" of them can be considered to be necessary parts of the OS but this isn't completely true because a lot of devices come pre-installed with non essential bloatware apps in the system partition. These non essential bloatware apps can be removed via root or by adb on non rooted devices because they are not necessary parts of the system.