Is there any way to lock apps in memory on miui 12.0.9?

Search This thread
Oct 28, 2010
Hi, I'm on stock 12.0.9.0 (QJOEUXM - global EU channel)
This update redacted the facility to lock apps in memory and select Split Screen from the Recents menu (apparently it was unstable for some users - it's to come back in a later update)
So, as it stands when you long press an app in the Recents menu, instead of being offered Split Screen, Lock, Info, it just takes you directly to App Info
Until it's fixed, does anyone know of another way to lock apps in memory?
It's getting very annoying having miui kill processes all the time
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Oct 28, 2010
Did you try to change settings?
Very definitely, yes! I'd been scouring the settings menus to find this feature again but couldn't find anything relevant
This morning the miui Security app opened up and offered me the chance to Lock Apps in memory, meaning I could select the relevant apps which are now shutting down less often
Unfortunately I can't find any way to find this menu again! Miui settings menus are a maze!

Hans de Groot

Mar 2, 2011
And the answer is:

Security app » Settings cog » Boost speed » Lock apps

Thanks to u/sparklesunshine777 on Reddit for that
Hi. so this means apps that are locked don't get killed all the time? There is a lock function in the settings but that just prevents apps from staring without a finger print or pin I believe.

I found an option in CustoMIUizer to stop MIUI force closing selected apps. (but that needs root.) and it seems to help so far the app (RL Bubble) stopped only 1 time today instead of every hour or so but that is still 1 time too many.

So I added it in the security app too. Who would think to look there in stead of the settings. Great find! Thanks.

I think that they make the phones more and more complicated by hiding/relocating/renaming the settings every android version.

xdagfg

• Jul 24, 2014
    Hi, a quick question. I do lock apps in the background, but i notice sometimes the padlock is lets say highlighted and sometimes just dim.
    Anybody knows what that is?
    Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      And the answer is:

Security app » Settings cog » Boost speed » Lock apps

Thanks to u/sparklesunshine777 on Reddit for that