• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is there any way to make the screen brighter for movies/videos???

Search This thread

cappa662

Dec 27, 2013
I can't watch any movies... its way too black!!!!!!!! Otherwise the tablet is perfect, but it would be nice to watch a trailer without trying to figure out what is happening.

Surfing the web = 10
Functionality = 10
QPair = 10

However watching videos = 1

Is there a fix or should I just return this tablet for something else?

pike5

Dec 31, 2011
Brighter Video Playback

The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pman and cappa662

tonybhoy

Jan 27, 2011
glasgow
I'm the same I tried to watch a movie on YouTube and it was unwatchable think I might be trading this :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
The "Filter Your Screen - Free" app has dramatically improved video playback using the LG Video viewer, BS Player, and MX Player. The settings that work for me are: Alpha 30; Red 200; Green 200 and Blue 220. I also set the Display Brightness in "Settings" to 85% or higher.

After viewing a video, I set the Brightness back to around 50% and turn the Screen Filter off and it seems to save the battery. I can only get about 5 hours of battery life with the brightness set high and the Screen Filter on.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
Thank you for the tip on this app. I will try it and update my thread to also recommend the app. I'm going to use it for a few days and see if it affects my battery life negatively. With the screen adjuster app running, I can easily go a day or two before having to charge my tablet.

Thanks

I have found Lux auto brightness FREE in Car mode makes dark scenes in movies much much better. No noticeable difference in battery consumption either.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

Hope this helps.

i'll try this today. I like this tablet but the brightness sometimes gets me upset. lol :p

general_z

Aug 28, 2011
Stockholm
jade.se
Install the screen adjuster app and turn the contrast up.I have mine set at -50 and makes a big difference.

This made it so that movies seemed to drop frames and causing the playback to be a tad jittery. Also the whole UI became slower and the level of microlag increased.

Isn't there a flashable fix for this instead of applying stuff that renders a "fix" in real time and thus causing misc gpu rendering problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Brighter Video Playback

Hope this helps.
    Weird. Never had that problem

sent from Moto X