• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is this 6000 mAh a good battery for 20x?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
It comes with a 5000 mAh battery, right?
This one is 6000... how could it possible be legit!!! The manufacturer squeezes in as much battery as is safe and possible!
Replace with OEM only.

Reactions: Kroxxr

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
If it was a compatible graphene cell I be tempted but otherwise it's a high risk venture.
When an Li fails it's not a pretty picture and can easily destroy the phone.

Yes a graphene battery would be ideal if one were compatible for the 20X. Amazon sells graphene batteries but how would one make them compatible inside the phone takes guesswork.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yes a graphene battery would be ideal if one were compatible for the 20X. Amazon sells graphene batteries but how would one make them compatible inside the phone takes guesswork.
The power controller/hardware as well as firmware would likely be incompatible.
You would need to modify the battery connection as well. If you could find one with the right dimensions the phone would be likely incapable of super fast charging it.
Be nice if a company made retrofits for older phones but this seems unlikely.
So... keep throwing Li's at it🤣

I may go to replacing them every 6-12 months. The ignorance/fear factor is gone in me. Routine maintenance now.

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
The power controller/hardware as well as firmware would likely be incompatible.
You would need to modify the battery connection as well. If you could find one with the right dimensions the phone would be likely incapable of super fast charging it.
Be nice if a company made retrofits for older phones but this seems unlikely.
So... keep throwing Li's at it🤣

I may go to replacing them every 6-12 months. The ignorance/fear factor is gone in me. Routine maintenance now.
Yeah I hear you. Honestly I dont mind replacing my 20x's battery. But I'm headed down that end of the road for the phone for sure as its showing its age and wrinkles. It may be time to replace it with another phone with better, up to date specs as I'm eyeing the black shark 3 pro and note 20.

The 2 issues with the BS3 pro are the camera and battery. In reviews its cam isnt that good which is a downer and the battery drains fast despite its 5000 mah capacity. The Note 20 on the other hand has a very sharp screen but its still small relative to the 20X.

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place in deciding which phone is best. Ideally if there were an ultra crisp amoled phone with the same screen size and aspect ratio as the 20X I'd jump at the chance of buying it in a heartbeat.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah I hear you. Honestly I dont mind replacing my 20x's battery. But I'm headed down that end of the road for the phone for sure as its showing its age and wrinkles. It may be time to replace it with another phone with better, up to date specs as I'm eyeing the black shark 3 pro and note 20.

The 2 issues with the BS3 pro are the camera and battery. In reviews its cam isnt that good which is a downer and the battery drains fast despite its 5000 mah capacity. The Note 20 on the other hand has a very sharp screen but its still small relative to the 20X.

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place in deciding which phone is best. Ideally if there were an ultra crisp amoled phone with the same screen size and aspect ratio as the 20X I'd jump at the chance of buying it in a heartbeat.
Meh, wait till the right comes along. I'm in a holding pattern myself with the Note 10+, Pie🤣
Other than the battery it's aging very well.
Got 5 years out of my S4+ with only battery replacement so...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It comes with a 5000 mAh battery, right?
    This one is 6000... how could it possible be legit!!! The manufacturer squeezes in as much battery as is safe and possible!
    Replace with OEM only.
    If it was a compatible graphene cell I be tempted but otherwise it's a high risk venture.
    When an Li fails it's not a pretty picture and can easily destroy the phone.