• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is this a bad phone?

Search This thread

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Hi.

I really tempted by this phone but I see a few threads were people are having issues. These are bad battery, bad screens, bad fingerprint reader, overheating.

I see that the New Edition is out now. I wonder if this is an admission from Xiaomi that the original was flawed.

The original is now £329 and will soon be OS and the NE is £399.

Would it be crazy to buy the original now?

Lolo280374

Nov 4, 2021
Hi.

I really tempted by this phone but I see a few threads were people are having issues. These are bad battery, bad screens, bad fingerprint reader, overheating.

I see that the New Edition is out now. I wonder if this is an admission from Xiaomi that the original was flawed.

Hello!
Personally, i like this phone.
I think his design is really cool looking, and the battery life is AMAZING.
Personally, i'm using the Pixel Experience ROM with android 11, because the 12 is in alpha, and battery sucks with it on my phone.
The display isn't that bad, but there is a post already talking about the fact that there is two types of screen. Please, take that in consideration before purchasing!
The photo quality isn't that bad either, but, my friend having a Pixel 4a makes better photos than that. You may even be able to get a Pixel 5 for cheap, nowdays.
I don't know anything about the "NE" model that has been released by Xiaomi, but maybe it has a better camera and battery. You may check review on the web.
By the way, never had bad fingerprint reader issues, and no overheat even in the worst case cenarios. Battery maximum was at 32°C.

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
Hello!
Personally, i'm using the Pixel Experience ROM with android 11, because the 12 is in alpha, and battery sucks with it on my phone.
The display isn't that bad, but there is a post already talking about the fact that there is two types of screen. Please, take that in consideration before purchasing!
The photo quality isn't that bad either, but, my friend having a Pixel 4a makes better photos than that. You may even be able to get a Pixel 5 for cheap, nowdays.
I don't know anything about the "NE" model that has been released by Xiaomi, but maybe it has a better camera and battery. You may check review on the web.
By the way, never had bad fingerprint reader issues, and no overheat even in the worst case cenarios. Battery maximum was at 32°C.
Quick question, how much of SOT do you usually have with your Pixel experience ROM?

Reactions: GreenParr0t

Maskman_101

Nov 25, 2021
I can see they deliver to my location. Please give me a link in pm of your order, there are many variations.
I customized the phone full-back with black carbon fiber and the camera with black grunge. I shared a link for you but Moderator removed it so check out some customization you like too.

steveroysston

Mar 30, 2021
Hi.

Instead of the original one, you can buy the new 11 Lite NE 5G which is better in all aspects. I'm using it for a month now and it is smooth compared to the old one, also the performance is good.

Reactions: Maskman_101

sn0uts

Nov 2, 2016
Instead of the original one, you can buy the new 11 Lite NE 5G which is better in all aspects. I'm using it for a month now and it is smooth compared to the old one, also the performance is good.

The NE is the exact same phone relaunched with a less powerful SoC - 778G instead of 780G - in response to global chipset shortages. The real-world performance difference is negligible (for graphics intensive tasks the original 780 is superior).

Reactions: steveroysston

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you bought skin from AliExpress, please give me a link.
    No, I bought it from Gadgetshieldz because one of my friend suggested it. AliExpress takes a month to deliver for me so I went with this. Here's the link check it out,
    xxxxx
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    Hello!
    Quick question, how much of SOT do you usually have with your Pixel experience ROM?
    Is this phone slippy without a case?
    Is this phone slippy without a case?
    Yes, sometimes it is slippery so I wrapped it with carbon fiber skin and now it gives me a good grip.
    No, I bought it from Gadgetshieldz because one of my friend suggested it. AliExpress takes a month to deliver for me so I went with this. Here's the link check it out,
    xxxxx
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    I can see they deliver to my location. Please give me a link in pm of your order, there are many variations.