Is this phone worth buying now?

Is it worth 80€ if I want it for next 2-4 years?

• Yeah, it is good even for long term usage

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I don't recommend it

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

TramSK

Apr 8, 2017
Bratislava
yeapguy.gq
Simple question, simple answers:
Is this phone worth getting now for ~80€(~90$)?
What are the long term usage problems (if any)?
Should I go for a warranty if I plan to root and flash ROMs in the future?
Thx for answers;)

Last edited:

Saurabh K

May 31, 2014
Bangalore
Dont buy this now, there are many good offering from Xiaomi , Asus, Honor etc which are very good and has 3.5mm jack with expandible storage and solid software support. The people who have it now just are able to use it because of custom ROMs and kernels. Buy a newer smartphone.

Bobfish

May 30, 2018
Since you have intention of rooting and installing roms, you'd need to be able to unlock the bootloader.
Huawei/Honor has stopped their unlock service , you won't be able to put custom recovery/roms on these phones.
Phones like the Pixel,Nexus,Oneplus and LeEco allows the user to directly unlock the bootloader ,which is why we are able flash TWRP and AOSP,Lineage etc.
Whatever phone you intend to buy , you'll need to be able to unlock the bootloader before you can even start modding.If the bootloader cannot be unlocked , even getting root might not be possible.

macbroom

I don't think it is worth buying now. I ordered one and it was rejected by china customs and sent back to BG. I cancelled my order and got a refund. A month later the phone shows up at my door! But.....the battery was DEAD flat and the phone was defective with a ghost touch which caused the phone to go crazy after a few minutes on stock .19 eui.

The company has been bankrupt for months and any phones being sold now are either old stock, rejects, refurbished returns, or phones built from recievership parts by some other factory in Shenzeng. No warranty, no ota, glitchy and bloated stock firmware. Not a bad phone but for a little more you can do better.

jjforums

Apr 6, 2012
I have the same question, I'm thinking about getting it and install LineageOS right away. This phone seems very cheap for what it offers compared to others of the same price point, like the Redmi. Depending on when you're, no matter the brand you buy from these Chinese phones, there's no warranty anyway. If not this phone, what is the cheap alternative with good ROM development? :)

xen2001

Dec 17, 2017
"Simple question, simple answers:"
Do not fool yourself, it is not a simple question. It depends what you expect to get from this phone.
Warranty? You want warranty from a bankrupt Chinese company?
Yeah, right.
If you look at this deal: https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.80 and view it without pink glasses as a disposable item, then go for it; a better deal you won't find (provided there are NO additional costs of custom duty, S&H, etc.)
Once you root it and install a custom ROM, you gonna lose some features which are not present in any custom ROMs (reliable charging, GPS, airplane mode + programmable ON/OFF and alarm wake up from a HARD turned-off state).
But on the plus side, you get a normal UI, instead of that LeEco/LeTV EUI crappola.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------
"Dont buy this now, there are many good offering from Xiaomi , Asus, Honor etc which are very good ...."
Tilt. Game over!
https://www.xda-developers.com/huawei-honor-request-bootloader-unlock-code/

Last edited:
Reactions: jjforums

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it is a very good buy if you are prepared to install custom rom on it, for me Lineage has been very good so far.
    For people who are skilled in customization, is worth a lot!
    "Simple question, simple answers:"
    Do not fool yourself, it is not a simple question. It depends what you expect to get from this phone.
    Warranty? You want warranty from a bankrupt Chinese company?
    Yeah, right.
    If you look at this deal: https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.80 and view it without pink glasses as a disposable item, then go for it; a better deal you won't find (provided there are NO additional costs of custom duty, S&H, etc.)
    Once you root it and install a custom ROM, you gonna lose some features which are not present in any custom ROMs (reliable charging, GPS, airplane mode + programmable ON/OFF and alarm wake up from a HARD turned-off state).
    But on the plus side, you get a normal UI, instead of that LeEco/LeTV EUI crappola.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------
    "Dont buy this now, there are many good offering from Xiaomi , Asus, Honor etc which are very good ...."
    Tilt. Game over!
    https://www.xda-developers.com/huawei-honor-request-bootloader-unlock-code/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone