Is this phone worth getting ?

Search This thread

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
recently bought this phone. I also own Mi 5s and is a former owner of 5s Plus. I would say that the design and build quality of Mi Note 2 is fantastic and better than 5s Plus. However, at least for my taste, the 5s Plus has the much better screen. The pentile arrangement is clearly visible on the Note 2 and looks really bad, especially on low brightness. The camera is above average in good light but bad in low light. On 5s and 5s plus it is possible to install the ported google camera to improve low light performance, however, this app does not work on Note 2. Battery life is good on Mi Note 2 but better on 5s Plus. The sound quality and speaker is however better on Mi Note 2 compared to 5s Plus. All in all, I would say that 5s Plus is the better buy (if one dont value design and build quality very high)

elialitem

Aug 19, 2017
Actually , it is . Mi Note 2 has already Miui 9 in nightly realease state for the global rom :).

I am actually going to flash AOSP Extended tonight on this device. My father owns it, and he's very used with stock android (previously had OPO with LOS). MIUI 9 from xiaomidoteu has been kinda of a so so experience, mostly because of the design of MIUI. I'd rather not go for a developer version of the official MIUI since I want him to have a as stable experience as possibile and MIUI is not a total delight for him anyway.
I understand that AOSP is not probably going to be super stable and some bugs here and there might appear, but I think it's worth giving it a try anyway.

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I am actually going to flash AOSP Extended tonight on this device. My father owns it, and he's very used with stock android (previously had OPO with LOS). MIUI 9 from xiaomidoteu has been kinda of a so so experience, mostly because of the design of MIUI. I'd rather not go for a developer version of the official MIUI since I want him to have a as stable experience as possibile and MIUI is not a total delight for him anyway.
I understand that AOSP is not probably going to be super stable and some bugs here and there might appear, but I think it's worth giving it a try anyway.

Xiaomidoteu is based on the developer version rom.

jay98shankar

Jun 18, 2016
can i know how much customs ware u charged for it cause iam also getting this phone and it might be shipped by another 2-3 weeks ,thankyou!

wangdak

Mar 29, 2015
How much money would you spend these days for Mi Note 2 Global? Is it still relevant phone for someone who needs dual SIM, big screen and full LTE support? Thanks.

elialitem

Aug 19, 2017
How much money would you spend these days for Mi Note 2 Global? Is it still relevant phone for someone who needs dual SIM, big screen and full LTE support? Thanks.

Still worth it if you find it for less than 240€ I think, over that price, you can easily add few tens of euros and get the Mi Note 3.

Theslei

Feb 8, 2016
recently bought this phone. Imóve also own Mi 5s and is a former owner of 5s Plus. I would say that the design and build quality of Mi Note 2 is fantastic and better than 5s Plus. However, at least for my taste, the 5s Plus has the much better screen. The pentile arrangement is clearly visible on the Note 2 and looks really bad, especially on low brightness. The camera is above average in good light but bad in low light. On 5s and 5s plus it is possible to install the ported google camera to improve low light performance, however, this app does not work on Note 2. Battery life is good on Mi Note 2 but better on 5s Plus. The sound quality and speaker is however better on Mi Note 2 compared to 5s Plus. All in all, I would say that 5s Plus is the better buy (if one dont value design and build quality very high)
Rapaz, é poss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get the phone you won't be disappointed. I have had the global edition for a couple of months and it poops on anything else .. Side by side with the Samsung S8 and this phone looks pretty much the same. It is not as fast as an S8, but then costs half as much, and it has loads more memory, dual SIMs, is still one of the fastest phones out there, and the display is plenty good enough. Maybe not the phone you should get if you find blowing ROMs exciting but if you want a phone that works really well out of the box this is it. The benchmarks appear to be better for the international edition so get that one, with 128gb. Remember that Xiaomi make more phones than Apple so you can bet it is going to be a solid product.

If the poster above actually owned the phone they would be competent enough to flip into the settings and adjust the screen settings to warm if they want a warmer looking screen. You can also set the screen to remove blue light at night if you want that sort of thing.

I am running dual SIMs with no issues internationally.. 4g is fast. The front end is Miui which is a bit quirky but has a bunch of good features built in.. And, having a 4000ma battery you can get a couple of days use out of the phone between charge on light use. The GPS is really good, helped by the fact that most of the phone is glass. So you get a fix real fast. Best phone I have ever owned for sat nav in a car. The GPS doesn't suck the battery dry either.

Camera is good, not brilliant but it's better than many Chinese phones. I am comparing to a DSLR which costs twice as much as the phone so probably a bit unfair! Double the resolution of the S8 phone...

This isn't a hacker phone.. It is a good phone that just works and has an interesting launcher with good features to help you control your privacy and battery use.. Usually the things you need to root your phone for.. With this phone you don't need to root to do that, and that is really handy. I do actually own this phone so feel free to ask questions ;)

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk
    I'm interested in this phone but I'm not sure if I should get it. Currently I have a s6 edge plus on tmobile and read that this phone supports the band's if I get the global version

I truly need Dual SIM for lot of international travel..this is one of the few or only phone that supports 4G/3G dual sim standby. I have heard on T-Mobile even VoLTE works (I am on ATT, don't ask if not for their coverage i would have switched)..but the only band missing is 66 which T-Mobile is planning to roll out, but it would be ages for that to be widely deployed, and by that time you can get Mi Note 3 :)..
    My husband bought us mi note 2's. We have owned them for 4 months. I personally have no plans on buying another u.s. marketed cell phone. I highly recommend the mi note 2. I have the 128GB storage phone.
    I currently own an S6 Edge+ and the battery has degraded heavily so I am currently looking for a new phone and this one looks very promising, but will it get Android Oreo?

Of course it will. Any Custom Rom can do the trick.. Just save money ..
    Mi Note 2 worths it !
    where did you get that price?

Gearbest. I can also get it for 217 euros. but after using my credits.
    Without credits, you can get it for 230 euro