• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

is this security feature available?

Search This thread

ram.sh

Oct 21, 2021
Hello all,

I'm looking for an advanced security feature for my S21 Ultra without success; I'm reaching out to you, and hopefully, you'll have a working solution or thoughts on how to achieve my goal.

The problem:

My phone, like most, has a password manager holding all my accounts credentials, secured notes, crypto wallets, bank applications, and so on; although the phone protected by pin code and fingerprint, it doesn't solve the case of being forced by a law officer or worse, by gunpoint to unlock the phone.

The desired solution:

If any of you are familiar with the Nano Ledger (cold storage crypto wallet), they have implemented a "secret wallet", especially for the case of being forced to enter your pin code by bad actors; it works in such a way you set two different pin code; when using the first one the wallet has one amount, but when using the second pin code the wallet has a different amount, obviously, the bad actor has no idea you used a pin code that gives you access to $100 worth of crypto. In contrast, the other pin code would have given access to a million dollars worth of crypto.

I'm looking for the same behavior with my phone, meaning, if I use one pin code or fingerprint, I'll be logged in to my regular user settings and applications; however, if I'll enter a different pin code or fingerprint, I'll be logged into different user settings and applications.

Many thanks to you all,
Best,
Ram

FeeMale

Jun 14, 2019
I don't know an app with this feature. But you can use another (hidden) profile for this.
The "Shelter" app for example uses the built-in Andoid workprofile to run apps in an isolated environment, separated from the apps in the main profile. You can also use (a copy of) the password manager here.
You can easily disable the workprofile and enable it again.
It will not be visible for thiefs or police. Only forensics or persons with some IT-skills that are aware that you are using the workprofile would easily find it and try to force you to unlock it.

ram.sh

Oct 21, 2021
I don't know an app with this feature. But you can use another (hidden) profile for this.
The "Shelter" app for example uses the built-in Andoid workprofile to run apps in an isolated environment, separated from the apps in the main profile. You can also use (a copy of) the password manager here.
You can easily disable the workprofile and enable it again.
It will not be visible for thiefs or police. Only forensics or persons with some IT-skills that are aware that you are using the workprofile would easily find it and try to force you to unlock it.
thank you for your input! i'll defiantly look into that.

I appreciate your time in responding, once again, many thanks!
Best,
RS